- Government of Yukon
- $95,943 - $111,064 per annum
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
Government of Yukon -> Health & Social Services – Continuing Care, Program Management
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $95,943 - $111,064 per annum
Closing date: June 9, 2019
This competition will be used to fill permanent and term Nurse Practitioner positions within the Continuing Care Branch, working full-time hours (75 hours bi-weekly).
Bringing out the best in you
How would you design a continuing care program? Chances are, it would be rooted in evidence-based practices and partnerships. The facilities would be modern and well resourced. And the whole operation would be guided by a resident-focused principle that values the needs, desires and hopes of the people in its care.
But secondly, that package comes wrapped up in Yukon, the finest wrapping paper this country has to offer. Your new home is a place that can go from wild to refined in a single afternoon. From pristine wilderness to a dynamic arts and culture scene, from vibrant communities to a city with modern infrastructure and all conveniences, and a lifestyle that is both outdoorsy and coffee-shop-culture civilized.
You’re going to feel right at home.
Our philosophy of care is “Every action and decision performed by this position is founded on respect for the residents, for the promotion of their dignity, individual freedom, choice and lifestyle, and meaningful quality living.”
As a Nurse Practitioner (NP), you will function as part of an interdisciplinary team to provide comprehensive health care services to persons residing in Whitehorse-based continuing care homes. Continuing Care residents include the elderly, frail elderly, persons with cognitive disorders, persons of any age experiencing a debilitating chronic disease (i.e. heart disease, lung disease, Parkinson’s Disease, multiple sclerosis), persons experiencing the effects of traumatic injury (brain injury, spinal injury), and those experiencing substance abuse / mental health disorders. As a Continuing Care NP, you will function in a collaborative practice model with family physicians, physician specialists, and other allied health professionals (i.e. optometrists, dentists).
For more information about Continuing Care positions in Whitehorse, please contact Adeline Griffin at (867) 667-8750 or email@example.com.
For information about applying to a Health and Social Services competition, please contact Human Resource Consultant, Bronwyn Pasloski, at (867) 332-3230 or Bronwyn.Pasloski@gov.yk.ca.
NOTE: Refer to https://yukon.ca/en/employment/apply-job/prepare-add-and-edit-your-cover-letter-and-resume for more information about preparing your resume for a Yukon Government posting.
- Master of Nursing, Nursing Practitioner Family-All Ages or Adult stream
- Eligibility for registration as Nurse Practitioner with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association
- Recently applied knowledge of Nurse Practitioner theory, practices and techniques normally acquired through work experience
- Experience gained in a long-term care setting or with a geriatric population is an asset
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
- Skill in fostering and maintaining excellent working relationships with a broad range of individuals and partner organizations
- Ability to perform independently and as a member of the transdisciplinary team
- Excellent critical thinking and decision-making skills and the ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to provide client-centric and outcome-focused care
Conditions of Employment:
- Current registration with the Yukon Registered Nurses Association
- RCMP Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector
- TB screening
- WHMIS 2015
- CPR Level HCP
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods certification
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s Licence
Work environment: exposure to plants and/or flowers and/or second-hand smoke when supervising residents/clients; exposure to animals, heavy lifting (50 lbs and over), bending, and exposure to latex products; some travel (25%), within Whitehorse
Yukon government has been selected as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers since 2014! To find out more, please select the following link:
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links:
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Nurse Practitioner, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: http://employment.gov.yk.ca.
"Committed to Employment Equity"