Perioperative Unit Manager
- Covenant Health - 250401
- Misericordia Community Hospital
- Covenant Health offers a competitive compensation
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
Covenant Health has been awarded the Alberta Top 70 Employers award for the 3rd consecutive year and the Misericordia Community Hospital (MCH) is a proud contributor. The MCH has an exciting opportunity for the right candidate who wants to further enhance their leadership skills and work in an environment that promotes health & healing, compassion, collaboration, professionalism and excellent leadership.
The MCH Surgical Suite is a dynamic 10 theatre operating room that specializes in Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Orthopedics/Orthopedic Trauma, Urology, Gynecology and iRSM. This exciting opportunity exists for a proven talented leader that is looking for new challenges in an exciting OR environment in the role of Perioperative Manager. The successful candidate will be working in collaboration with an existing Perioperative Manager position. The Perioperative Manager is responsible for providing leadership in the delivery of high quality patient care following Covenant Health’s Mission, Vision and Values. The Perioperative Unit Manager will also work in collaboration with the rest of the team to coordinate daily operational activity, develop and recommend operational plans, support quality improvement initiatives, monitor and ensure compliance with budgetary guidelines and provide day to day supervision of staff within the unit. The successful incumbent will be energetic, enthusiastic and motivated with a proven ability to manage teams effectively.
- Classification: Unit Manager
- Union: COV OUT OF SCOPE
- Department: Operating Room MCH
- Primary Location: Misericordia Community Hosp
- Employee Class: Regular Full Time
- FTE: 1.00
- Posting End Date: 06-MAY-2019
- Date Available: 27-MAY-2019
- Hours per Shift: 7.75
- Length of Shift in weeks: 12
- Shifts per cycle: 60
- Shift Pattern: Days
- Days Off: Saturday/Sunday
- Salary: Covenant Health offers a competitive compensation and benefits package
- Vehicle Requirement: N/A
- Member in good standing with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta required.
- Baccalaureate of Nursing Degree required.
- Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider (Level C) required.
- Minimum 2 years proven management experience leading teams required.
- 5 years current, relevant Operating Room, Emergency or Critical Care Nursing experience required.
- Evidence of excellence in leadership, interpersonal, communication and problem solving skills.
- Perioperative Nursing Certification preferred. Experience as a nurse educator is an asset.