The General Duty Nurse works under supervision from the Nurse Manager and is responsible for the provision of direct nursing care for patients. Duties are of a diverse nature involving developing patient care programs, administering treatments, monitoring progress and initiating interventions where required, providing educational and emotional support to patients and families and maintaining up to date, accurate records of patient history and status.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Current C.P.R., I.V. Therapy and Blood Glucose Monitoring Certificates mandatory.
- One (1) year recent experience in assigned area of responsibility preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
- Demonstrated physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.