Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Principal Lecturer, School of Nursing
Thompson Rivers University provides many paths to learning, a hands-on-approach and a supportive, inclusive environment to over 25,000 regional, national, and international learners and their communities. Research, creating and innovation are integrated into teaching and learning in over 140 on-campus programs and 60 Open Learning programs.
TRU's spectacular main campus is at the heart of Kamloops, a small city of 90,000+ in BC's sunny interior. Enjoy four seasons of outdoor adventures, a rich cultural scene and a vibrant, diverse campus community.
Currently offering Master of Nursing, Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Practical Nursing and Health Care Assistant programs, the TRU School of Nursing provides many opportunities to meet the educational needs of the nursing and healthcare system.
Apply now for a bipartite tenure-track position beginning July 1, 2019 (or by mutual agreement of both parties). Responsibilities of a member with a bipartite appointment shall include a combination of teaching/professional role and service.
• PhD or other doctorate; consideration may be given to doctoral candidates who will complete their degree by the appointment date or shortly thereafter
• Master's degree with current practice and teaching experience may be considered
• Holds a minimum of one (1) degree in nursing
• Three (3) years' full time or equivalent hours of nursing experience
• Evidence of continuous learning in the field of expertise
• Teaching/theoretical and practice education experience preferred
• Excellent communication, public relations and interpersonal skills
• An understanding of, and experience in, the Canadian healthcare system
• Current BCCNP registration in good standing without limits or conditions, or eligibility for registration with BCCNP
• Must provide registration number and proof of practice experience when applying
Proof of academic credentials required prior to appointment