Nurse Manager, OR/PAR/SPD/Daycare Preadmission Clinic
Northern Health is accepting applications an experienced Nurse Manager for a permanent part time (.81 FTE) positions at St. John’s Hospital in Vanderhoof, BC.
Who we are
Northern Health leads the way in promoting health and providing health services for Northern and rural populations of Northern BC. Through the efforts of dedicated staff and physicians, in partnership with communities and organizations, we provide exceptional health services for Northerners. Our value statements guide decisions and actions and include: Empathy - Respect - Collaboration - Innovation.
What you can expect
- Opportunities for career growth
- Supportive work environment
- 4 weeks paid vacation
- Health & Dental Coverage
- Pension Plan
- Relocation Assistance for eligible positions
- Spectacular outdoor activities
- Short commutes
- Affordable housing market
- Shift Rotation/hours of work:
Under the general direction of the Manager, Acute and Residential Care, the Nurse Manager provides leadership in the development of clinical practice by teaching, consulting and demonstrating specialized nursing skills in accordance with the philosophy, objectives, and policies of Northern Health. The Nurse Manager oversees the day to day activities and quality of care provided, in the Operating Room, Post Anesthetic Recovery Room (PAR), Sterile Processing Department, Daycare and Preadmission Clinic.
Top 4 Key Responsibilities
- Develops and implements goals, objectives and procedures for assigned unit ensuring the delivery of effective and efficient patient care services which support Northern Health’s vision and values.
- Monitors and coordinates the nursing care provided to the patients in the OR/PAR for instance assisting staff with the management of complex patients, assists the Nurse clinical coordinator with the coordination of staff education opportunities for new procedures/equipment/supplies.
- Provides direct supervision to nursing staff and delegates activities to nursing service personnel, such as assigning staff to work areas as per OR slate requirements.
- Ensures daily staffing requirements are met by monitoring staffing, scheduling vacations, granting leaves, establishing protocols for calling in relief staff and delegating tasks for staffing requirements. Revising staffing mix and master rotations to respond to unit requirements.
- Registration with BC College of Nurses and Midwives as a practicing RN registrant.
- Five (5) years recent experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience, and a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management/leadership position.
- Completion of the OR specialty course.
- Current certification in NRP, CPR and ACLS
To apply for this position or for more information, send your resume and cover letter to Keenan.Gobbi@northernhealth.ca
More search results
Registered Nurse – Relocate to the USA
Director, Patient Care and Experience
Practitioner/Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiat…
Northern Health Region
Registered Nurse, Obstetrics (Indeterminate, Term…
Government of Northwest Territories
Clinical Trials Nurse Coordinator