Nurse Practitioner, Rehabilitation Services
Date: Jan. 25, 2019
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
Department/Program: Rehabilitation Services, Children's Health Program
Type of Employment: 1.0 FTE (0.7 FTE regular part-time and 0.3 FTE temporary until February 2020)
Req ID: 29742
Union Status: NSNU Nursing, Nursing Bargaining Unit
Posting Date: May 15, 2018 Closing Date: Open Until Filled Start Date: ASAP
Reporting to the Managers of Rehabilitation Services, the Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a member of an interdisciplinary care team, providing holistic, comprehensive evidenced based care to meet the needs of individuals, families and/or communities. The Rehabilitation Nurse Practitioner will function in an advanced practice role and function within the role components of clinician, educator, consultant and researcher. The Nurse Practitioner will work within an approved Collaborative Practice Agreement (CPA) as established by the Rehabilitation Physician and the NP. The Nurse Practitioner will have responsibilities that include: Utilizing and demonstrating advanced knowledge and decision-making skills to provide care that includes but not limited to comprehensive physical assessments; ordering and interpretation of diagnostic tests; management of chronic and acute medical conditions; and prescribing medications and treatments (as outlined in the CPA); post hospital follow up care and health promotion; Developing, promoting and maintaining an interdisciplinary collaboration within a team environment; Working in partnership with nurses and other disciplines to provide holistic patient/family centred care and advance the practice of rehabilitation nursing within a team environment; Participating in planning and implementing change related to clinical, educational and research issues in rehabilitation; Participating in policy and procedure development related to Rehabilitation; Assuming a leadership role related to nursing practice issues; Dedication to continuing learning for self and team; Participating in rehabilitation care team discussions as required, offering input and energy into efforts at improving team efficiency and functioning.
The NP practices according to the Canadian Nurses Association Code of Ethics for Registered Nurses, the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia Standards of Nursing Practice, specialty standards as applicable and the policies and procedures of the IWK.
Hours of Work
Monday - Friday 0800 - 1600 (some flexibility required)
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing Practitioner Program
- Licensed or eligible for licensure by the College of Registered Nurses of Nova Scotia and licensed or eligible for licensure in Nova Scotia as a Nurse Practitioner required.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in pediatric nursing required.
- Experience in pediatric rehabilitation preferred.
- Demonstrated understanding of evidenced based practice and utilization of research in practice.
- Current successful completion of CPR Level C Health Care Provider/BLS within the last 12 months required.
- Ability to work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and independent decision making.
- Demonstrates critical thinking skills, including clinical judgment, problem solving skills and strong decision making ability
- Demonstrated strong communication and interpersonal with patients and families and colleagues and organizational skills
- Competencies in other languages an asset, French preferred.
We believe that organizations perform better when our teams reflect a diversity of lived experiences, cultures and languages and welcome interest from all those who feel they have the talent for this position.
For a confidential conversation about this opportunity, contact Arlene MacAskill at 902-470-3939 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Expressions of interest are to be sent through https://jobs.nshealth.ca/. Please sign in to create a profile and set-up Job Alerts for positions of interest. Thank you for your interest with the IWK Health Centre.
Please Note: If you are an employee of the IWK Health Centre, please apply through the internal careers page to ensure you are flagged as an internal applicant.
More search results
Expanded role nurse in Nunavut remote nursing sta…
Solutions Nursing L.F.C. Inc.
Registered Nurse – Supervised Consumption Service…
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Health Services Manager - Perioperative/Surgical …
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
Northern Health Authority - 296209
Registered Nurse, ICU
Northern Health Authority - 296209