Registered Nurse, ICU
Under the general direction of the Unit Manager, the ER/ICU RN provides direct nursing care to the Emergency, and Critical care patient according to established standards/policies. The ER/ICU RN identifies, plans, implements, and evaluates nursing care to assist patients in meeting their physical, social, and psychological needs in the Emergency and Critical Care environment. Nursing practice is guided by the vision and values of Northern Health, BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) Standards of Nursing Practice and Code of Ethics. The Registered Nurse will use Northeast Health Services Area and Dawson Creek and District Hospital approved policies, procedures and protocols.
- Registered Nurse with current practicing registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Current Level C CPR certification. ACLS, CTAS required or acquired within twelve (12) months from date of hire.
- One years recent related experience working in an Emergency Department and / or a Critical Care Unit. Two years recent related medical/surgical experience or equivalent experiences
- Completion of; or willingness to enroll in a post-graduate Critical Care or Emergency Department Course.
- Up to date certification in TNCC and ENPC is an asset.
- Must be willing to attain in house certification courses as required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Work as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Make and apply nursing judgment using analytical skills.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Interact with others effectively.
- Maintain the physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Maintain own physical, mental and emotional well being.
- Using Critical Thinking skills, prioritize and organize patient care.
- Operate related equipment.
- Teach and provide clinical supervision.