Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
Longlac Site (Onsite/Virtual Care) - 1.0 FTE
We are currently seeking a Nurse Practitioner (RN-EC) for a full-time permanent position supporting our Longlac site. In this position, you will have a great career opportunity to work with a multidisciplinary team, to your full scope of practice with strong practice emphasis on harm reduction, disease prevention, health promotion, education, and community partnerships.
This position can support the community of Longlac through onsite and virtual care. The successful candidate must provide onsite care at least two weeks per month.
This is a competitive salaried position with an excellent compensation and benefits package, including the Health Care of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP) and professional development/educational opportunities. Flexibility in work hours is available and accommodation may be provided. A relocation cost allowance stipend is negotiable. An isolation travel allowance stipend will be provided.
Longlac (population 1,700) is a family friendly bilingual community offering many outdoor leisure activities for a healthy lifestyle. It is a three and a half hour drive (320 kms) east of Thunder Bay on the shore of Long Lake, and a half hour from Geraldton, or a one and a half hour flight from Toronto to Thunder Bay.
If you are looking for work-life balance in a welcoming community, we would be happy to discuss how to engage you with community representatives. We encourage new graduates to apply.
- BScN in nursing from a recognized University.
- Certificate in the extended class from the CNO.
- Thorough knowledge and proficiency in current nursing procedures, nursing assessment, physical assessment and treatment measures.
- Experience providing service within walk-in clinic setting an asset.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured).
- Demonstrated commitment to and knowledge of community-based health care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Awareness of health care needs in a northern community.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a multidisciplinary setting.
- A valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
How to Apply - Please Specify Job Title in Email Subject Line
This position will remain open until filled
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources, CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process
More search results
Registered Nurse – Relocate to the USA
Director, Patient Care and Experience
Practitioner/Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiat…
Northern Health Region
Registered Nurse, Obstetrics (Indeterminate, Term…
Government of Northwest Territories
Clinical Trials Nurse Coordinator