Registered Nurse, Critical Care
- Northern Health Authority - 296209
- Dawson Creek, British Columbia
- $33.56 - $44.06/hour
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Job Type
Reporting to the Director of Care the Critical Care Leader is responsible for the quality of care provided and oversees the work of the Emergency and Intensive Care Units/Program staff. The Critical Care Leader provides leadership in the development of Critical Care clinical practice by teaching, consulting and demonstrating specialized nursing skills to deliver quality services to align with the NH Mission, Vision and Values. The Critical Care Leader coordinates and facilitates day to day activities of Critical Care Programs to ensure effective use of resources and communication among other health care providers and conflict resolution. As a role model and coach collaborates with Critical Care Educator to orientate staff and provides ongoing professional development to team members through education/learning plans and quality risk management activities.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- Five (5) years’ recent experience in critical care including completion of critical care specialty courses plus a minimum of two years’ recent related teaching and management experience; or an equivalent combination of training, and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- A competent clinical understanding of the applicable nursing unit to ensure development and monitoring of effective policies, procedures and clinical skills.
- Current unit specific required certifications including ACLS, TNCC, CTAS, IV Therapy, 12 Lead EKG, ventilator management Code Blue Management and NRP.
- Organization, planning, leadership and human resource management skills to plan, direct, and manage nursing services on the nursing unit.
- Ability to plan and organize
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, to maintain optimum working relationships with all hospital staff, outside agencies and the public.
- Budgeting and financial administration skills to ensure that services are provided within operating budget allocations.
- Ability to work with others effectively
- Ability to supervise and teach
- Ability to act as a role model in creating a collaborative harmonious atmosphere.
- Ability to work and make decisions under pressure.
- Ability to operate related equipment
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position.