Registered Nurse, Critical Care
Reporting to the Program manager of Critical Care and Surgery, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the BCCNP Standards for Nursing practice and Northern Health Mission, Vision and Values statement.
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant.
- One (1) year Emergency/Intensive Care experience and recent medical/surgical experience.
- Post graduate courses – Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Trauma Nursing Core Course, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Canadian Triage Acuity Scale (within the last fir years) or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment including computer software such Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
More search results
Lecturer/Senior Lecturer/Principal Lecturer, Scho…
Thompson Rivers University - 296089
Registered Nurse (Emergency)
Vancouver Coastal Health
Registered Nurse/ Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Saskatchewan Health Authority
Emergency Medical Coordinator (Registered Nurse) …
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority
Covenant Health - 250401