RN/RPN Travel Nurse
Requisition #: ALB00065875
Location: Various Location, North Zone
Employee Class: Casual/Relief
Salary: $36.86 - $48.37 per hour
Discover unique cultures and witness the beautiful glow of the northern lights. Pleasant summer days and midnight sunsets make working in Northern Alberta a truly unforgettable experience.
Explore new opportunities for Registered Nurses (RN) and Registered Psychiatric Nurses (RPN) to work in Alberta Health Services (AHS) North Zone. The RN/RPN Locum Program provides the opportunity to work in short term assignments up to full time hours. Assignments are negotiable to all sites within the AHS North Zone in a variety of practice settings including acute care, emergency, intensive care, operating room, obstetrics, pediatrics, continuing care, home care, public health, and psychiatry.
This position offers additional incentives, including: a premium payment of $6.00 per hour for hours worked, reimbursement for travel costs, a per diem allowance, meal allowance and accommodations provided by AHS. Successful applicants may be eligible for Long Service Pay Adjustment of 2%.
As a Travel Nurse you will: be responsible for the assessment, implementation, and evaluation of nursing interventions for a diverse patient population, be responsible for collaboration as a member of the health care team, be able to balance numerous demands and conflicting priorities, have a proven ability to work independently (i.e.sole charge) or within a multi-disciplinary team environment to effectively contribute to client care planning, implementation, and evaluation. You must be available for a minimum of 3 week assignments.
You will provide a wide variety of nursing services to patients, families, communities and populations, while taking necessary steps to ensure their safety and well-being. In your role, you will utilize nursing processes, through critical thinking, problem solving and decision making, as well as teach, counsel and advocate on behalf of patients and their families. You will play a leadership role in supporting an integrated and holistic approach to patient care, health promotion and maintenance. You will provide safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the Collage and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- A minimum of one year recent nursing experience in at least one of the following departments: Acute Care, Emergency, Intensive Care, Operating Room, Obstetrics, Continuing Care, Home Care, Public Health and Psychiatry is required.
- 2 to 3 years of recent nursing experience.
- Experience working in a rural setting.