- Northern Health Authority - 296209
- Prince George, British Columbia
- $33.56 - $44.06/hour
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Job Type
In accordance with established vision and values of the organization, the Registered Nurse practices in accordance with the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) as well as within a patient and family centered care model.
The Travel Registered Nurse practices in a variety of clinical settings, and communities, and is responsible for the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of client care. Working in collaboration with the interdisciplinary team, the Registered Nurse ensures the delivery of client–centered care by assisting individual clients and their families respond to changing health care needs. The Registered Nurse demonstrates a specialized body of knowledge and bases practice on nursing science and related content from other sciences and humanities.
Rural community hospitals provide a wide range of services and depending on the location may require the Registered Nurse to be competent in multiple clinical settings. This job description addresses various scenarios where nurses are required to work in one or more areas requiring advanced training & experience
- Registration with BC College of Nursing Professionals as a practicing RN registrant (BCCNP).
- Minimum three (3) years recent experience working in an acute care environment or one year (1) recent experience working in an acute care environment with advance preparation in a clinical specialty such as Emergency, Perinatal, Perioperative, rural and remote.
- Recent clinical nursing experience in community health, public health, mental health, residential care or primary care may be considered an asset.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) within 3 years.
- Current valid B.C. Driver’s License.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Assessment and Intervention – Demonstrated ability to complete initial and ongoing client assessments (clinical and diagnostic reasoning) and provide nursing care through appropriate/ prescribed technical, therapeutic, safety type interventions.
- Communication – Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with the clients, families, the public, medical staff and the members of the interdisciplinary team using verbal, written and computer communication means.
- Critical Thinking – Demonstrated ability to integrate and evaluate pertinent data (from multiple sources) to problem-solve effectively.
- Human Caring and Relationship Centered Practice – Ability to promote client-focused care that demonstrates care for and with clients and significant others, sensitive to diverse cultures and preferences, client advocacy and social justice concerns.
- Teaching – Ability to transmit information intended to instruct clients and others about topics essential to health care and well-being.
- Management – Manages time and resources, implementing activities to promote cooperation among relevant others, collaboration across disciplines and related activities.
- Leadership – Promotes staff morale, cooperation, assertiveness and risk-taking, creative planning for change and innovations, implementation of NH policies or other protocols, and ongoing professional development of self.
- Knowledge Integration – Using factual information, prior learning and basic principles and procedures to support decisions and actions with relevant research-based evidence. Integrates best practice from nursing and health-related disciplines and the humanities, arts and sciences disciplines into professional practice.
- Ability to operate related equipment including relevant computer applications.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
More search results
Clinical Informatics Analyst - Information System…
Yukon Hospital Corporation - Whitehorse General Hospital
RFP: Nurse Education Consultant
Director of Care
Andrews of Summerside
Manager, Registration and Patient Flow
Bruyere Continuing Care
Canada Research Chair
Thompson Rivers University - 296089