Licensed Practical Nurse, Larwill Place
Posting # 2018-67: Regular Full-Time, Monday-Friday 0900 hrs to 1700 hrs
Posting # 2018-68: Regular Part-Time, Saturday and Sunday 0900hrs to 1700 hrs
UNION: HSA or BCNU – Nurses’ Bargaining Unit
PROGRAM: Larwill Place (Modular Housing Program)
SALARY RANGE: Level 1: $27.20 – $29.94
START DATE: ASAP
All candidates subject to a criminal records search.
Qualifications and job description attached.
Please indicate posting number when sending applications and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
No later than 4pm December 7, 2018.
** Days and hours of work may change.
At MPA Society, the unique capabilities and talents of our employees are our greatest asset. We believe that a diverse workforce and inclusive workplace culture enhance our ability to work in partnership with the diverse communities and people we serve. MPA Society hires on the basis of merit, and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
Job Description – Nurse LPN
Larwill Place – Modular Housing
Classification Benchmark: Direct Patient Care Profile Classification 1
Grid Level: Level 1 LPN
Collective Agreement: Nurses’ Bargaining Association (NBA)
Reports To: Program Manager
Functions and Responsibilities
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care to meet the needs of clients in accordance with competency guidelines within the established standards of practice and current legislative scope of practice
- Provides input regarding clients’ needs, performance, and progress. Attends multidisciplinary care meetings
- Encourages and assists clients in activities of daily living as required, such as bathing, skin care, oral hygiene, and toileting
- Administers medication to clients and provides medication reminders, in accordance with established policy and procedures
- Observes clients and their environments, and reports unsafe conditions and behavioural, physical and/or cognitive changes to supervisor
- Provides emotional support and feedback to clients and their families
- Completes and maintains related records and documentation such as progress notes, observations, cardex, and client charting. Reports problems and/or changes to designated staff
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses.
- Current full practicing licensure with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of BC (CLPNBC).
- Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
- Excellent communication skills.
- TB clearance and medical certification.
- Current CPR and First Aid certification.