Registered Nurse – Emergency
- Niagara Health
- St. Catherines
- Job Category
- Job Type
Full-time positions are available in the Emergency Department at our St. Catharines, Welland and Niagara Falls sites. If you’re a qualified RN with clinical experience in emergency nursing, and solid physical assessment and critical thinking skills, consider joining Niagara Health.
Working as an ER Nurse to promote nursing excellence, quality patient/client-centred care and high professional standards, you will be responsible for the assessment, nursing diagnosis, integrated care plan development, implementation and evaluation of nursing care. Your objective as a Registered Nurse – Emergency will be to provide safe, competent care by applying your nursing knowledge and the technical aspects of professional practice while demonstrating compassion, professionalism and respect at all times. You will also be expected to perform all other relevant duties assigned to ensure the efficient operation of the unit to which you are assigned.
While you will be based at a home site, you must be willing to work at two or more Niagara Health sites.
To join our team as an ER Nurse, you must be an experienced and qualified Registered Nurse whose knowledge base and skill set include:
- Current registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (CNO)
- Two (2) years’ related clinical experience in the past five (5) years in an emergency environment
- Current BCLS certification
- ACLS, PALS and TNCC certification, preferred
- Emergency Nursing certification (CNA), preferred
- Canadian Triage and Acuity Scale training, preferred
- Current Non-Violent Crisis Intervention certification
- Certification in delegated controlled acts, including defibrillation, dispensing medication and application of energy
- Demonstrated proficiency in IV Therapy Initiation, phlebotomy, cardiac monitoring/interpretation, and care of ventilated patients/clients
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in physical assessment (Physical Assessment Course, preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to develop an integrated plan of care
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable legislation
- Current knowledge of emergency nursing standards in accordance with the National Emergency Nurses Affiliation (NENA)
- Proven ability to integrate reflection, critical thinking, education and relevant practical experience in problem-solving
- Proven ability to apply leadership skills by providing, facilitating and promoting quality patient care
- Demonstrated commitment to patient and family education, and the ability to promote health and wellness
- Proven ability to apply knowledge, skills, judgment and competencies required for safe, independent and inter-disciplinary practice by meeting nursing practice standards as outlined by the College of Nurses of Ontario and related professional associations
- Evidence of accurate, timely and appropriate documentation according to best practice guidelines and CNO standards
- Ability to apply Niagara Health values and professional practice standards to patient/client care and service
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ability to maintain consistent, regular attendance
Discover a team environment of Extraordinary Caring – and great quality of life
At Niagara Health, the major provider of acute care in Canada’s Niagara Region, Extraordinary Caring is what our patients, their families, our volunteers, our teams and our community need and deserve. Caring is so much more than care. Both the physical and emotional part of caring is at the heart of our purpose. Every person. Every time.
As a multi-site hospital, providing a wide range of inpatient and outpatient clinics and services, including Emergency & Urgent Care, Centres of Excellence for Women and Babies and Mental Health, and regional cardiac and cancer programs, we offer a wide variety of practice settings and opportunities to carry out interesting and challenging work.
To join Niagara Health is to spend more time enjoying life than commuting. Nestled between Lake Ontario and Lake Erie, and best known for its tourist attractions, the area offers great geographical advantages. Our hospital sites are located in thriving communities, where affordable housing, a myriad of recreational and cultural activities, and diverse settings make both family and single living a rewarding experience.
Join us on twitter @ nhscareers
Niagara Health is committed to Employment Equity, welcomes diversity in the workplace, and encourages applications from all qualified individuals, including women, members of visible minorities, aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Niagara Health will provide accommodations through the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please inform Human Resources of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Clinical Informatics Analyst - Information System…
Yukon Hospital Corporation - Whitehorse General Hospital
RFP: Nurse Education Consultant
Director of Care
Andrews of Summerside
Manager, Registration and Patient Flow
Bruyere Continuing Care
Canada Research Chair
Thompson Rivers University - 296089