Registered Nurse, Critical Care
Reporting to the Program manager of Critical Care and Surgery, the staff nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating patient care and nursing practice activities within the frame work of quality management and in accordance with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) Standards for Nursing practice and Northern Health Mission, Vision and Values statement.
- Graduate from an approved School of Nursing.
- Current registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- One (1) year Emergency/Intensive Care experience and recent medical/surgical experience.
- Post graduate courses – Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Trauma Nursing Core Course, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Canadian Triage Acuity Scale (within the last fir years).
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills and Abilties:
- Ability to promote safe, competent, patient care.
- Ability to recognize and intervene appropriately in an emergency situation.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to operate related equipment including computer software such Microsoft Office, Outlook.
- Ability to communicate and maintain good public relations with family and friends of patients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all members of the health care team.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
Quesnel is one of the central interior's oldest cities and home to the world’s largest gold pan. Nestled on the banks of the Fraser and Quesnel rivers, Quesnel is the commercial centre of the North Cariboo. The major industries include forestry, agriculture, mining and tourism. Quesnel offers affordable housing, indoor and outdoor recreational opportunities and natural splendour that supports a balanced lifestyle.
More search results
Clinical Informatics Analyst - Information System…
Yukon Hospital Corporation - Whitehorse General Hospital
RFP: Nurse Education Consultant
Director of Care
Andrews of Summerside
Manager, Registration and Patient Flow
Bruyere Continuing Care
Canada Research Chair
Thompson Rivers University - 296089