Registered Nurse/ Registered Psychiatric Nurse
Your empathy, skills, and knowledge could make all the difference as you apply the Nursing Process to help assess, monitor, and care for people who are coping with a variety of mental health issues. Work as part of a multidisciplinary team as you collaborate with other healthcare professionals to provide holistic, comprehensive care to meet the needs of individuals, families, and communities.
Your high level of emotional intelligence allows you to recognize patient mental and emotional state and respond appropriately. In this role, you will teach, counsel, and advocate on behalf of patients and their families, empowering them with skills and support to cope with and overcome mental health challenges. You will assess the physical and mental status of patients as you plan, coordinate, implement, and evaluate care. You have excellent communication skills and have the ability to put patients, their families, and members of the healthcare team at ease.
Positions in Mental Health are available in various facilities across the province, including acute care facilities, hospitals, healthcare centres, and long term care facilities. From a bustling city to the charm of small towns, there’s an opportunity that suits you. Visit the Alberta Health Services Job Board to view and apply to current job postings.
- Completion of an accredited nursing education program.
- Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA).
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP).
- Demonstrated leadership, organizational and clinical skills in addition to being self-directed and able to work collaboratively in a team environment required.
- Knowledge of verbal de-escalation techniques required.
- Certification in Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (NVCI) preferred.
Why Alberta Health Services?
With facilities located across the province, a strong commitment to work/life balance, and a collaborative work environment, you can build your career in a setting that suits you. Discover competitive wages and benefits, opportunity for personal and professional development, and outstanding teams, all while making a difference in the lives of Albertans.
To apply, visit Alberta Health Services job board.