Manager, Community Nursing
- Government of Yukon
- $96,187 - $132,098 per annum
- Job Category
- Job Type
Manager, Community Nursing
Government of Yukon -> Health & Social Services – Community Nursing North
Location: Whitehorse, YT
Salary: $96,187 - $132,098 per annum
Closing date: January 2, 2019 or until filled
A key collaborative leadership role for an experienced Registered Nurse with managerial skills
This competition will remain open to applicants until filled. Assessments will be made on an ongoing basis and 24-hour notice will be provided prior to the competition closing. Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit applications as soon as possible.
Community Nursing provides specialized programming designed to meet the unique needs of our Northern, Yukon communities. We are recognized for our commitment to excellence in the provision of rural and remote, primary and public health services throughout Yukon, including 24/7 emergency care.
The Community Nursing team is a group of high-performing, compassionate people dedicated to serving with respect and purpose. We seek to foster relationships with Indigenous Peoples and collaborate with First Nations’ leadership to continually improve population health status in Yukon communities. We are committed to the ongoing development of our team, and are recognized for our professional development opportunities, including our mentorship program designed to prepare and support nurses who serve rural communities in an expanded scope of practice.
As a Manager of Community Nursing, you will form an integral part of our collaborative team, using your unique skill-set to lead teams, empower employees in their decision-making, and collaborate with leadership to meet the needs of communities in the provision of primary healthcare delivery. In your role, you will provide in-person and remote leadership/coaching, collaborating to understand the needs of the communities we serve and ensuring the operational requirements of the branch are met. This will include managing expenditures, identifying budgetary requirements, establishing and maintaining standards of practice, and creating and sustaining a healthy work environment.
For more information about this position, please contact Sheila Thompson, Director, Community Nursing Branch, at (867) 667 8325 or Sheila.email@example.com.
For more information about applying to a Health and Social Services competition, contact Marcia Davidson, HR Consultant, at (867) 332 3219 or Marcia.Davidson@gov.yk.ca.
Your resume should clearly demonstrate how you meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum, Baccalaureate in Nursing;
- Current registration in good standing with a Canadian registered nursing regulatory body;
- Significant nursing experience, including rural/Northern outpost, and/or advanced practice, and/or emergency nursing;
- Recent, substantial experience in a supervisory/managerial role, including direct leadership of teams in primary care or emergency care;
- Experience monitoring and managing operational budgets and expenditures;
- Demonstrated continuous learning/development in healthcare administration, leadership, and management is considered an asset.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Suitability
Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their competence according to the standard set by the Yukon Government Core Competency Framework: https://yukonnect.gov.yk.ca/tools/hr/Pages/competencies.aspx
In addition, this competition will focus on, but not limit itself to, the following competencies:
- Modelling Interpersonal Skills and Personal Responsibility: Demonstrates strong self-awareness through deliberate learning from past experience and self-reflection to increase personal effectiveness and responsibility. Uses strong interpersonal skills to build credibility and personal effectiveness.
- Demonstrating Client Focus: Creates a client-focused culture for the entire organization and engages others in providing outstanding service to internal and external clients.
- Influencing Others: Generates commitment while inspiring others. Builds coalitions internally and externally, to reach the organization’s goals by using a variety of methods and adapting influence approaches, and by effectively using knowledge of how the organization really works.
- Thinking Strategically: Takes a comprehensive, long-term view, critically assessing options and implications, while linking decisions to strategic goals.
- Taking Action and Achieving Results: Focuses, commits, and applies resources to identify and achieve appropriate results.
- Promoting Common Values and Ethics: Promotes the establishment, development and application of positive organizational values, ethics and standards of conduct.
- Leading Change and Innovation: Leads the organization through fast-changing environments, and creates and implements a vision of an organization that is willing to take risks and test new approaches.
Conditions of Employment: Security Clearance with Vulnerable Sector; Valid Yukon driver’s licence; Yukon Nursing registration in good standing.
Job Requirements: Willingness and ability to travel extensively throughout Yukon by air and road. Rotational after-hours emergency coverage by phone.
Relocation: Some relocation assistance may be provided.
To learn more about why Yukon Government is recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, please see the following link:
To learn more about what Yukon has to offer, check out these links:
We are the Yukon public service. Every day, we come together to serve the people who live here, and to make a difference in so many ways—from simple to extraordinary and everything in between. Here, you will find the diverse opportunities you desire to develop your career while enjoying a warm sense of community and vibrant artistic, cultural and recreational amenities, all set in a spectacular natural environment.
How to Apply
To apply for the position of Manager, Community Nursing, and for full details on the requirements of the role, please visit: http://employment.gov.yk.ca.
"Committed to Employment Equity"
More search results
Manager Nursing, Perioperative Services
Interior Health - 338528
Manager Home and Community Care
Expanded role nurse in Nunavut remote nursing sta…
Solutions Nursing L.F.C. Inc.
Registered Nurse – Supervised Consumption Service…
Parkdale Queen West Community Health Centre
Health Services Manager - Perioperative/Surgical …
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)