This is the perfect position for an RN who 1. Loves and values seniors; 2. Wants to work in an environment that promotes person centered care; 3. Is seeking work/life balance
Menno Place is one of BC's largest campuses-of-care ranging from independent living to complex care for 700 senior residents. Founded in 1953 Menno Place has the privilege of serving the physical, emotional, spiritual and relational needs of residents, families and staff alike. Under the direction of the Manager of Care, the Registered Nurse performs nursing care including directing work assignments.
- Assessing needs, planning, implementing and evaluating nursing care with accompanying documentation of an individual resident or group of residents,
- Observes symptoms and conditions of residents, modifying care as needs change, and initiating immediate treatment if required. Implements physician’s orders.
- Coordinates admission, discharge, and transfer of residents as required.
- Assumes facility wide clinical and operational responsibilities when designated in charge.
- Acts as a clinical resource to nursing staff, students and other members of the interdisciplinary team by mentoring, demonstrating procedures, answering questions related to clinical practice issues, and problem solving.
- Assumes responsibility for required coordination in the event of an emergency situation as outlined in the Menno Home Fire and Disaster Plan.
- Facilitates resolutions to resident/family/staff conflicts.
- Assists with the collection of information to support Quality Improvement Programs and initiatives.
- Schedules, including staff replacement function, and coordinates the use of staff, equipment, and other resources.
- Creates and maintains a safe and healthy work environment by understanding and following Health & Safety rules, regulations and practices, such as Fire, Disaster, WHMIS and Infection Control.
- Investigates accidents and incidents and initiates or completes the required reports.
- Communicates policies and procedure changes to staff.
- Supports new staff in the practice of nursing.
- Acts as the facility resource to resolve operational and clinical questions/issues as they arise for all Nursing Units as required.
- Acts as Occupational First Aid Level 1 Attendant as required.
- Participates in the performance appraisal process for nursing and care staff by providing input to the manager on individual staff performances.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Education, Training and Experience
- Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with current practicing registration with the appropriate professional body.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing preferred.
- Gerontology certificate preferred.
- Current Occupational First Aid Level I program.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
Compensation: Competitive Compensation and Extended Benefits package.
Prerequisite for hire: TB screening, influenza immunization
Check us out at http://www.mennoplace.ca. If you are interested in this opportunity please complete the application on the Menno place web site under the Careers section. We thank all applicants however will only be contacting short-listed candidates.
More search results
Registered Nurse - East Coast Forensic Hospital -…
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
Hamilton Health Sciences
Auckland District Health Board
Registered Nurse - Maternity Unit
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Registered Nurses – Medicine Unit Full-Time & Reg…
Hamilton Health Sciences