Do you like leading and initiating change in a fast-paced and dynamic environment? Are you a creative team player who thrives on collaborating with others? If yes, the Canadian Nurses Association (CNA) wants to hear from you!
CNA is the national professional voice of nearly 139,000 registered nurses in Canada. CNA advances the practice and profession of nursing by collaborating with health industry leaders and stakeholders to improve health outcomes and strengthen Canada’s publicly funded, not-for-profit health system.
We are guided by a set of ethical values of Respect, Integrity and Commitment. We are seeking an individual who is an innovative thinker and will have demonstrated experience in handling challenging issues in a diverse, transformational and dynamic work environment.
Position: Program Advisor, Professional Development
The Program Advisor, Professional Development is responsible for the implementation of policies and initiatives, provides direct support and develops resources to advance the Professional Development and Accreditation programs. The incumbent acts as a catalyst for professional development within the field of nursing and plays a central role in exploring, developing and implementing a unique, innovative, responsive, high-quality portfolio of professional development programs and services.
- Registered Nurse, Registered Practical Nurse, Licensed Practical Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in at least 5 of the following:
- Health or social services sector
- Public sector or non-governmental sector
- Board-governed organizations
- Education, teaching, facilitation and/or designing learning
- Policy analysis and development
- Research and research methods
- Project development
- Ability to work independently and provide leadership in a team environment
- Knowledge of current professional and regulatory issues in Canada
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing pressures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office environment (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with project management and/or program development would be considered an asset
- Bilingualism (English and French) would be considered an asset
CNA offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. For confidential consideration, please forward your application before October 12, 2018 to:
Canadian Nurses Association
c/o Human Resources
Ottawa, ON K2P 1E2
We thank all applicants however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please e-mail us your contact information for follow-up. We will accommodate your needs under the Ontario Human Rights Code.