- Ministry of Children and Family Development
- Agassiz, Hope
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
BC Public Service
Ministry of Children and Family Development
Team Leader, Child and Youth Mental Health
Join a team of professionals dedicated to improving the mental health and wellness of children, youth and families in BC
Salary $73,768.80 - $84,361.58 annually
Under the direction of the Director of Operations, The Team Leader, CYMH is accountable for the supervision of a team of professional staff (up to 10 FTEs) typically including Mental Health Clinicians, Nurses and Psychologists, and for the delivery of child and youth mental health services in a community setting. This role acts as the senior clinician by providing direction and leadership to professional staff within the Mental Health Team and to plan, develop, manage and evaluate the delivery of mental health services for children, youth and families in the local community. The Team Leader, CYMH is also responsible for carrying a limited case load and participating in Intake Clinics.
Qualifications for this role include:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work (Clinical Specialty or equivalent training/education), Educational Counselling, Clinical Psychology, Child and Youth Care, or equivalent.
NOTE: If your degree was obtained outside of Canada, you need to confirm it has been assessed for equivalency through the International Credential Evaluation Services (ICES). Confirmation for equivalency for your degree is required for you to be considered.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in the provision of mental health services to children, youth and their families.
- Experience in the provision of mental health services to children, youth and their families within First Nations communities.
- Preference may be given to those with a minimum 6 months of recent supervisory experience (within the last 5 years) in the area of mental health services for children, youth and their families.
To learn more, including how to apply online by September 26, 2018, please visit: https://bcpublicservice.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/53547