REGISTERED NURSE Or REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
INTERNAL/EXTERNAL POSTING: May 3, 2021 – May 10, 2021
REGISTERED NURSE (RN) Or REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE (RPN)
COMMUNITY OUTREACH AND SUPPORT TEAM (COAST)
Job Status: Contract 15 weeks
Hours of Work: Hours per week negotiable
Base office: Sundridge
Purpose of the Position:
As a member of the Community Outreach and Support Team (COAST), the Registered Nurse (RN) OR Registered Practical Nurse will provide mental health nursing services in accordance with the College of Nurses or Practical Nurses’ Standards of Practice that includes Professional Standards, General Practice Expectations and Specific Practice Expectations. This position will conduct nursing psychiatric and physical assessments, formulate nursing diagnoses, make recommendations, implement interventions, manage and administer medications, and collaborate and communicate with other medical services/professionals. The RN or RPN also has responsibility, as part of a multidisciplinary team, to carry out case management, psychosocial rehabilitation, crisis intervention and treatment under the clinical supervision of the Team Leader, Area Program Coordinator or delegate.
Education and Qualifications:
- Current registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) or as a Registered Practical Nurse (RPN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- BScN RN preferred. Diploma RN with post-diploma education in mental health, registration with the Canadian Addiction Counsellors Certification Federation (CACCF), and/or psychogeriatric or certification with the Canadian Nursing Association as a Certified Psychiatric/Mental Health Nurse (C) or Gerontological Nurse Certified (C) will be considered.
- One year of experience working with individuals with mental illnesses, chronic physical health, age-related, and substance use issues.
- Familiarity with and commitment to implementing standards of practice.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to effectively document and convey essential clinical and systems information required
- Tolerance of and ability to handle a heavy workload and competing demands and high risk situations.
- Demonstrated commitment to quality improvement, new program development and change initiatives required
- Proven organizational, time management skills and the ability work in a self-directed manner required
- Manage internal and external relationships, to have and demonstrate empathy and compassion, to be aware of emotional intelligence, conflict resolution, and the understanding of the feelings, ideas and beliefs of others.
- Participate in the CMHAMPS 24/7/365 telephone based service and respond to clients with self-identified crisis situations, as defined by the scope of practice of the program and/or service delivery model.
- Aboriginal cultural awareness and education is an asset.
- Bilingual in French is an asset.
- Ability to use and learn new technology (computers, software programs, phones, printers/scanners, alarm/security systems etc.).
Salary: RN - $35.40 - $43.16 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience
RPN - $27.85 - $36.47 per hour, commensurate with qualifications and experience
Please note that we are scent-free facility.
You are invited to submit your application quoting competition #35-21 by 4:30 p.m. on May 10, 2021 to:
The Hiring Committee
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
173-202 Manitoba Street
Bracebridge, Ontario P1L 1S3
Telephone: (705) 645-2262 Fax: (705) 645-7473 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Canadian Mental Health Association Muskoka – Parry Sound (CMHAMPS) is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity, dignity and worth of every individual in the workplace.
Qualified consumers/survivors and/or family members are encouraged to apply.
We retain all applications submitted for one year after the closing date of this posting for consideration in any future postings.
As part of our commitment to Accessibility, if you wish this information in a different format, please contact our office at 705-645-2262 or email email@example.com. If you are contacted regarding a job opportunity, please let us know prior to the interview if you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
More search results
Registered Nurse – Relocate to the USA
Director, Patient Care and Experience
Practitioner/Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiat…
Northern Health Region
Registered Nurse, Obstetrics (Indeterminate, Term…
Government of Northwest Territories
Clinical Trials Nurse Coordinator