Dean, School of Health Sciences, BCIT
Through its 32 health-related programs, BCIT’s School of Health Sciences offers a depth and breadth of health education, unmatched by other post-secondary institutions. The School of Health Sciences:
- provides instruction to more than 2,400 FTEs annually;
- is the primary provincial contributor of nurses and allied health professionals;
- offers the only prevention-based health program of its kind in BC (Food Technology, Environmental Health, and Occupational Health and Safety);
- is one of the largest nursing programs in the province, with nine post graduate programs related to specialty nursing needs; and
- graduates 100% of sonography, nuclear medicine, magnetic resonance imaging, and radiation therapy specialists in BC; and 100% of electroneurophysiologists, prosthetic and orthotic, cardiovascular perfusion, and clinical genetics specialists in Western Canada.
An opportunity exists for a visionary to bring a strong engagement approach to the School as it works to maintain and enhance its abilities, and its place, in anticipating and meeting the ever-changing, and growing sector-related provincial work force needs.
The ideal candidate will be a senior academic administrator from large and complex School of Health Sciences (or in a school or department with programs common to those found within BCIT’s School of Health Sciences) within the post-secondary network. Alternatively, he or she is a senior leader from within the healthcare system or healthcare related body who has led a team spread across a range of healthcare disciplines and where system-wide impact is in strong evidence. Regardless of background, candidates will be highly conversant about the evolution of, and trends related to healthcare delivery and bring a track record of effectively addressing related training and education. A combination of undergraduate and advanced level education, part of which will come from within a health administration or a health-related faculty is essential, and a doctoral degree will be seen as an asset.
Located at BCIT’s main campus in Burnaby (in the Greater Vancouver area) and reporting to the Vice President, Academic, the Dean of the School of Health Sciences will oversee an approximately $26M expense budget, approximately 250 employee FTE in service of 2,400 FTE student equivalents.
More search results
Registered Nurse - East Coast Forensic Hospital -…
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
Hamilton Health Sciences
Auckland District Health Board
Registered Nurse - Maternity Unit
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Registered Nurses – Medicine Unit Full-Time & Reg…
Hamilton Health Sciences