Practical Nursing Program Coordinator
We are currently advertising an open call for experienced and passionate RNs to join our dynamic team at Sprott Shaw College in the role of a Practical Nurse Healthcare Program Coordinator. The role of a Healthcare Program Coordinator is accountable for the instruction, support, effective supervision, and evaluation of Practical Nurses in the program.
- Monitors, orients, and assists the Campus Director in the operations of PN program
- Meets regularly with the Campus director keeping him/her informed of student issues
- Supports in the admissions process of healthcare students
- Serves as a support person for students, classroom/clinical instructors, and preceptors
- Liaises with classroom and clinical instructors to problem-solve student issues
- Organizes, monitors compliance and liaises with practice education sites for student placements and program advisory committee
- Approves, trains and monitors skills/functions as outlined in the Health Professions Act and in compliance with Hospital policies and practices
- Schedules, supervises and evaluates the PN and HCA programs
- Supervises and evaluates performance, especially with regard to clinical skills, professional communications, and professional behaviors
- Maintains open communication with the Director of Nursing, all PN Coordinators, Curriculum and Operations Team and participates in monthly teleconferences
- Identifies issues and supports data collection, maintains documentation, summary, and analysis for compliance with Quality Management policies, procedures, and practices
- Promotes and provides active guidance for Workplace Health and Safety
- Supports student success in program completion and job success
- Baccalaureate degree RN and current practicing registration with CRNBC or CRPNBC and 5 years of job-related experience.
- Completed credential in adult education/equivalent course or in-progress from an accredited post-secondary institution or willing to enroll.
- Thorough knowledge of case management skills and nursing processes and practices.
- Leadership experience
- BC College of Registered Nurses or Psychiatric Nurses
You will only be contacted should you qualify for a position that is available.
More search results
Registered Nurse - East Coast Forensic Hospital -…
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)
Hamilton Health Sciences
Auckland District Health Board
Registered Nurse - Maternity Unit
Yukon Hospital Corporation
Registered Nurses – Medicine Unit Full-Time & Reg…
Hamilton Health Sciences