Manager: Health Services
Are you an engaging leader who promotes a spirit of inquiry and innovation? We are seeking a Manager, Health Services, HCIS to join our team in Clearwater, BC!
The Hospitals and Communities Integrated Services (HCIS) Manager is responsible for effective leadership, resource management, program, service delivery, client/community relationships, quality improvement, evaluation, and risk management of HCIS: ER, Acute, Residential, Assisted Living, Home Health, Home Support, Adult Day Services within the communities of Clearwater, Barriere and Blue River, in accordance with Interior Health Standards.
Some Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates a work environment that supports a climate of mutual respect, open communication, teamwork, collaboration, shared learning, and innovation.
- Promotes a spirit of inquiry and innovation within the delivery of service.
- Identifies material, space, and financial resources required for the delivery of services within the assigned area of responsibility; provides critical input to budget development; recommends resource allocation and budgetary adjustments; monitors expenditures and variance reports; and ensures that resources are utilized effectively and efficiently to meet the needs of the public.
- Develops and manages service contracts where applicable.
- Provides leadership and direction to the service area’s team and implements HCIS program and service direction, policy, and standards.
- Implements and monitors quality improvement initiatives for assigned areas.
Majestic mountain peaks, rushing rapids and alpine meadows are just some of the sights that will great you in Clearwater, BC. Situated near spectacular Wells Gray Park, this amazing region offer something for everyone. Uncrowded, unpolluted and unspoiled, Clearwater is a place of stunning tranquility.
Education, Training, and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline from a recognized university
- Five to seven years of recent, related experience, including a minimum of 3 years frontline supervisory and/or program coordination or project management experience.
- Leads Self – self-awareness, manages self, develops self, demonstrates character
- Engages Others – communicates effectively
- Achieves Results – takes action to implement decisions, assesses and evaluates results
- Develops Coalitions – builds partnership and networks to create results, demonstrates a commitment to customers and service;
- System Transformation - demonstrates systems/critical thinking.
Skills and Abilities
- A current, valid BC Driver’s license.
- Physical ability to perform the essential duties of the job.