McKesson is in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. At McKesson Canada, we touch the lives of 12 million Canadians every day. We carry more than 35,000 products in 17 distribution centers and ultimately provide distribution to 6,300 retail pharmacies, 1,350 hospitals, long-term care centers, clinics and institutions all over Canada. But we're so much more than a distribution company. We've automated 2,500 retail pharmacies and dispense over 100 million doses a year through our automation solutions. Manufacturers, healthcare providers and patients count on us for a full range of services that contribute to the quality and safety of care for us all.
At McKesson Canada, you’ll help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
Purpose and Scope:
To provide administrative & patient counseling support to physician offices primarily to assist with the completion of paperwork and follow up on the submissions pertaining to obtaining drug reimbursement through private and provincial drug plans. The focus of this position is to shorten the approval time for patients who are waiting to start therapy as well as providing value-added services in terms of time and resources to prescribing physicians on an as-needed basis. The successful candidate will also be the main program contact for patients of specific physicians.
- The Field Support Manager (FESM), working with an in-office colleague, will be primary program contact for patients of a group of physicians.
- The FESM will exclusively serve sites that require onsite support for paperwork completion
- Upon receiving a consented referral, the FESM will enroll patient into the program and determine how patient is covered.
- FESM will discuss all forms of program assistance with the patient.
- FESM is responsible for escalation management in cases where assistance beyond program scope is required.
- During any patient contact, the FESM will address any medical questions based on the Product Monograph. Any question that cannot be answered in this fashion will be
- The FESM will gather all pertinent and appropriate information from the patient chart and complete necessary documents in a concise, organized and professional manner.
- After the physician has signed any necessary insurance forms, the FESM will fax the form to the private and/or provincial drug benefit insurer/agency. The FESM will follow up until a decision is received, with the intent of expediting a decision where possible. If the submission has been denied, the Nurse Case Manager will discuss this with the physician and resubmit if agreed upon.
- Updates with respect to the reimbursement submissions, confirmation of coverage and re-submissions will be entered into the patient database by the FESM.
- The FESM will ensure that they are following up with patients on behalf of the physician offices to ensure adherence to treatment regimens.
- The FESM also has a role in providing information and updates to physicians and staff in their offices regarding the medication in terms of new criteria and indications as received from McKesson Canada or the Client.
- The FESM may also be asked by the Client’s area representatives to attend meetings with new physicians.
- The FESM will also participate in continuing medical education events that are relevant to their profession.
- RN or RPN designation
- Completion of an approved nursing program
Experience and Required Skills:
- 3 or more years of related Experience
- Experience in Rheumatology and/or Dermatology is an asset.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office Applications
- Thorough knowledge of assigned product lines.
- Thorough knowledge of adult learning principles and training.
- Substantial knowledge of personal computers and accepted business software (i.e. MS Office: Word, Excel).
- Basic understanding of how to navigate the Internet and Intranet and assess the value of available information.
- Knowledge of company's vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles, values &code of ethics.
- Understands and applies techniques to manage multiple priorities.
- Possesses a high level of motivation to achieve necessary involvement within a team.
- Understands the importance of and demonstrates a commitment to personal and professional growth.
Physical Skills, Effort and Working Conditions:
- Stress can be a factor of the position because of the variety of duties and prospects of peak periods in certain situations due to the reality of medical management.
- Work is often performed in emotional situations.
- Physical risks are minimal.
- May operate a vehicle usually locally
- General office working conditions.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Benefits & Company Statement
McKesson believes superior performance – individual and team – that helps us drive innovations and solutions to promote better health should be recognized and rewarded. We provide a competitive compensation program to attract, retain and motivate a high-performance workforce, and it’s flexible enough to meet the different needs of our diverse employee population.
We are in the business of better health and we touch the lives of patients in virtually every aspect of healthcare. We partner with payers, hospitals, physician offices, pharmacies, pharmaceutical companies and others across the spectrum of care to build healthier organizations that deliver better care to patients in every setting.
But we can’t do it without you. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission—whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. Talented, compassionate people are the future of our company—and of healthcare. At McKesson, you’ll collaborate on the products and solutions that help us carry out our mission to improve lives and advance healthcare. Working here is your opportunity to shape an industry that’s vital to us all.
More search results
Manager: Health Services
Interior Health - 338528
Registered Nurse Float Pool
Mental Health Nurse
Ontario Ministry of Community Safety and Correctional Services
Operating Room Registered Nurses & Licensed Pract…
Interior Health - 338528
Emergency Nurse – General and Psychiatry
Providence Health Care - 343584