Senior Manager, Nursing (Job ID#: 15836)
Northwest Territories Health and Social Services Authority- Stanton Territorial Hospital
Located in Yellowknife, Northwest Territories the Stanton Territorial Hospital (STH) is a 100-bed tertiary facility serving the 44,700 citizens of the Northwest Territories along with close to 6,000 residents of the Kitikmeot Region of Nunavut. Our team of medical professionals has a wide scope of practice, impressive training opportunities and great potential for career advancement. Many of the rooms have fantastic views as the hospital is situated on the rocky shore of Frame Lake steps away from the new $350 million state of the art facility scheduled to be opened to the public in May 2019. For more information about the new facility and to track the progress please visit www.stantonrenewal.ca.
Opportunity: This position, reporting directly to the COO, will collaborate with the NTHSSA Territorial Directors, Territorial Managers, and the Territorial and/or Area Clinical (practitioner) Leads for Psychiatry, ED, Internal Medicine, Surgical Services, etc., to ensure appropriate alignment of Stanton procedures with territorial policies and procedures. They will also oversee Stanton's nursing-led programs to ensure that they are meeting required targets established under the direction of the NTHSSA, and the COO. The incumbent will play a leadership role in determining "how" to operationalize strategies and processes in order to meet required targets and to deliver quality patient and family centered care through the nursing units in the hospital.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Nursing is required.
- A Master's Degree in Health Care Administration, Business Administration, Leadership ore related degree, is required. Seven (7) years management experience in acute care inpatient nursing within the past 10 years is required.
- Candidate must be a member in good standing with RNANT/NU or a recognized Provincial Nursing Association.
- Experience in playing a lead role, in representing an organization through the accreditation process is an asset.
- Experience in program evaluation is an asset.
The salary range for this position is from $61.43 per hour to $73.34per hour (approximately $119,789 - $143,013.) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $3,450.
A comprehensive benefits package includes:
- Participation in the Federal Public Service Superannuation Plan
- Mandatory Leave With Pay – 5 days off with pay
- 16.5 days of annual vacation leave to start
- Pay Increases, Health, Dental, Relocation expenses, Northern Living Allowance, Winter Bonus days, Special and Sick leave
Closing Date: August 24, 2018
Apply online: gnwtjobs.ca