HR Consultant, Health & Rehabilitation
- City of Toronto
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
HR Consultant, Health & Rehabilitation
An HR specialist with a mission to ensure delivery of disability management and occupational health within the City of Toronto
Reporting to the Manager of Employee Health, Rehabilitation and Employee Assistance Program (EAP), you will be responsible for providing proactive disability and occupational health services to the employees of the City of Toronto in order to minimize the impact of illness and injury for the employee and the workplace.
- Coordinate medical and functional assessments and interpret the results in order to make appropriate recommendations where an employee's health issues impact work function
- Refer and work closely with internal and external resources to ensure that health assessments, treatment and rehabilitation programs support maximum functional recovery of ill and injured employees
- Provide consultation and work cooperatively with other human resources staff, managers, health care professionals and union representatives to ensure the delivery of effective integrated disability management
- Make recommendations regarding compliance with corporate policies and procedures related to disability management and occupational health
- Assist in the development and assessment of integrated disability and occupational health programs
- Provide (RNs only) primary and emergency care to employees and members of the public
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in a health specialty or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preference may be given to candidates with the following health specialty: a B.Sc. degree in Nursing with specialty designation in Occupational Health Nursing (or certification in Disability Management)
- Considerable experience in and proven knowledge of disability management and occupational health theory and practice
- Experience in interpreting medical and functional information and the ability to communicate this information, within policy and legal bounds, to divisions within the organization
- Experience in providing health surveillance programs, such as pre-placement assessments, would be an asset
- Knowledge of pertinent legislation, e.g., Occupational Health and Safety, Human Rights and Health Disciplines Act, with the ability to communicate its significance and relevancy to each situation
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with all levels of staff and union representatives.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills including written, verbal and presentation skills that are applicable to all levels of the organization
- Proficiency with City standard desktop software applications (e.g.: Excel, MS Access, MS Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Work for the City you love
Toronto is Canada’s largest city, the fourth largest in North America, and home to a diverse population of about 2.8 million people. Consistently ranked one of the world’s most livable cities, we are a global centre for business, finance, arts and culture. Join the award-winning Toronto Public Service as HR Consultant, Health & Rehabilitation within our Human Resources Division.
How to Apply:
For more information on these and other opportunities with the City of Toronto, visit us online at www.toronto.ca/jobs. To apply online, submit your resume, quoting File #2305805 X, by June 28, 2018.
Accommodation: The City of Toronto is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce reflecting the citizens we serve. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the City of Toronto's Accommodation Policy. You can request for accommodation related to the protected grounds at any stage of the City's hiring process, i.e., application, assessment and placement.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need accommodation in applying for this position, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the job ID #2305805 X and the job classification title.
If you are invited to participate in the assessment process, we ask that you provide your accommodation needs in advance at that time. Please be advised that you may be requested to provide medical/other documentation to Human Resources to ensure that appropriate accommodation is provided to you throughout the hiring process.