Patient Care Manager/ Program Manager
- Alberta Health Services
- Edmonton, AB
- $40.32 – $69.09
- Job Category
- Job Type
Regular Full Time
Location: Edmonton, AB
Posting End Date: 05-JUL-2018
Salary Range: $40.32 – $69.09
The Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital (GRH) is the largest free-standing, comprehensive tertiary rehabilitation hospital in Canada, serving patients of all ages who require complex rehabilitation to enable them to participate in life to the fullest. As a leading edge academic teaching hospital, the Glenrose participates in educational training programs for health sciences professionals and offers an array of research and technology development opportunities. The Specialized Geriatrics department at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital is recruiting to a Patient Care Manager (PCM) position. The PCM is responsible for the overall administration and day-to-day management of inpatient Unit staff as well as ensure the delivery of effective and efficient patient services within the Geriatric Psychiatry Unit, Cognitive Behavioural Inpatient Unis and the START Psychiatry Day Hospital.
With approximately 39 direct reports and a budget of $4.8M, the PCM is accountable for ensuring the safe delivery of patient care within the Geriatric Psychiatry Unit (22 beds), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy Unit (11 beds), as well as the START Psychiatry Day Hospital. Responsibilities include but are not limited to; chairing site committees, participation on site, zone and provincial work and leading projects as necessary. The Patient Care Manager works in partnership with the Medical Lead for the Geriatric Psychiatry and Cognitive Behavioural programs in a dyad relationship and ensures that service planning to meet accreditation standards and other deliverables are upheld and worked through collaboratively. Any and all nursing positions are direct reports with allied health involvement and interface with the Professional Service Managers paramount at the program planning level. The PCM participates in the Manager on call roster and is expected to provide coverage to PCM colleagues. Existing knowledge of collective agreements, human resources and financial platforms within Alberta Health Services is essential.
- Must be a Registered Nurse with Bachelor degree in a Health or Science discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience with clinical knowledge of tertiary rehabilitation.
- Must have exemplary communication skills both verbal and written and have a collaborative engaging leadership style.
- Needs to be skilled in project management and able to lead teams through changing program priorities and service delivery initiatives.
- Must be a good problem solver and able to mentor and coach others through adverse or conflict situations.
- Needs to embrace life-long learning within the context of continuous quality improvement and able to bring forward positive change.
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Current CARNA registration.
- Previous clinical experience with Geriatric Psychiatry/Seniors mental health and/or dementia care desirable.
- Master preparation in relevant field (in progress or completed).
- AHS Leadership Courses.
Apply online and join our dynamic team today! Go to ahs.ca/careers and click on Apply Now, then search for requisition number: ALB00034490