The Care Coordinator in this 99 bed complex care home is responsible to assist the DOC in ensuring care strategies are implemented appropriately and best clinical practice guidelines are met. The Care Coordinator will take responsibility for the nursing department in the absence of the Director of Care.
- Meets with staff during orientation and ensures that they are familiar with policies and guidelines
- Assesses and determines the educational needs of staff and facilitates successful incorporation of education into staff practice.
- Liaises with the resident, family, doctor(s) and pharmacist and keeps the Director of Care informed of conflicts, problems or serious incidents.
- Serves on or chairs committees as needed and leads drills or training
- Assists with the recruitment, retention, discipline and termination of nursing staff.
- Monitors supply levels and orders to ensure effective usage.
- Conducts chart and MDS audits to ensure compliance and accurate coding
- Leads the implementation of quality initiatives in the home
- Assists with coordinating admissions and discharges
- Liaises with and monitors external providers to ensure that services are provided
- Current registration with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia plus three year’s recent related experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based clinical practices
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills
- Solid long-term care experience
- Previous managerial experience in long term care would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with accreditation processes would be considered an asset
- Previous experience with MDS/RAI would be considered an asset
A competitive compensation package has been developed. This includes full benefits and a pension through MPP.
Please apply in confidence to:
Erroll Hastings, Executive Director, Zion Park Manor