Regional Manager, Community Health Centres
Title: Regional Manager, Community Health Centres (Job ID#: 15141)
Location: Inuvik, NT
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Term Position: This job opening is for a 2-year term
The NTHSSA is the single provider of all health and social services in the Northwest Territories (NWT), with the exception of Hay River and Tlicho regions. Covering 1.2 square kilometers and serving approximately 43,000 people, including First Nations, Inuit, Metis, and non-aboriginals. Health and social services includes the full range of primary, secondary and tertiary health services and social services including family services, protection services, care placements, mental health, addictions, and developmental activities, delivered by more than 1,400 health and social services staff.
Under the direction of the Minister of Health and Social Services, the NTHSSA is established to move forward one integrated delivery system as part of the government’s transformation strategy.
This position is located in the Beaufort Delta Region and the incumbent is responsible for the overall daily management of six health centres, and an annual operating budget of $6 million, and a staffing group of 81, with nine direct reports. Direct reports include the following positions: Six Nurses in Charge and three Nurse Practitioners. The incumbent provides operational support and direction to a multi-disciplinary workforce, and through recruitment and retention efforts ensures adequate staffing of the provision of safe, competent, and consistent health care to clients on the Beaufort Delta Region communities. The incumbent is responsible for recruiting, hiring, and managing a skilled workforce. The decisions and recommendations made by the incumbent may have direct impact on the effectiveness and efficiency of human resources, program and service delivery, and financial budgets.
This position, reporting directly to the COO, will work closely with their COO and with the NTHSSA Territorial Manager supporting this program area, to ensure that client/patient needs are being supported and addressed within their regional catchment area; and to identify and address program challenges and opportunities for improvement, establish program objectives for the region, and to report on and contribute to the evaluation of the effectiveness and efficiency of the program deliver in the region. They will also contribute to the development of the program area across the through their participation on cross-territory initiatives and projects.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A good working knowledge of program management, including budget development, preparation, and control is required to ensure financial responsibilities are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Knowledge of different discipline roles and scope.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with individuals, agencies, elected community leaders, and employees in order to communicate program information, including the ability to obtain and respond to feedback from these individuals.
- A high level of interpersonal skills including effective communication, coaching and motivation is essential in order to change the human resources assigned to the position so human resources performance is at optimal capacity and assisting staff and stakeholders to accept change.
- Knowledge of how to design and facilitate a change process. The ability to build and work with groups and teams, planning and implementing change; skilled in group dynamics and conflict resolution.
- Ability to build solid partnerships and alliances based on trust and to work with a variety of people from different backgrounds and personalities.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including listening, observing, identifying and reporting.
- Knowledge and ability to use a variety of intervention and prevention methods, and determine which method is most appropriate at any given time.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management to manage multi-disciplinary responsibilities in a timely and effective manner.
- Must be sensitive to the geographical and cultural needs of the people and understand how community and culture impact the delivery of health care.
- Must have knowledge of the CAN Nursing Code of Ethics, and the RNANTNU Standards.
- Must have a working knowledge of total quality management or continuous quality improvement processes.
- Must have working knowledge with word processing programs and spreadsheets.
Typically, the above qualifications would be attained by:
The above knowledge and skills are most commonly acquired through a Baccalaureate in Nursing plus two (2) years of management/supervisory experience and 5 years’ experience in a remote community health care setting. Must be eligible for registration with RNANTNU.
Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary for this position starts at $53.65 per hour (approximately $104,617.50 per annum) plus an annual Northern Allowance.
Eligibility lists may be created from this competition to fill future term and indeterminate positions.
Criminal Records Check
Candidates must provide a satisfactory criminal record check. Failure to provide a satisfactory check may deem you disqualified from the competition.
Candidates must clearly identify their eligibility in order to receive priority consideration under the Affirmative Action Policy.
Diversity and Inclusion
The Government of the Northwest Territories is an inclusive workplace. If you have a disability and you require support during the hiring process, you are encouraged to identify your needs if you are contacted for an assignment or interview so that you may be accommodated during the hiring process.
Job Opening Information
Job Opening ID#: 15141
Closing Date: March 2, 2018 - 23:59, Mountain Standard Time.
Inuvik HR Client Service Centre
Department of Finance
Government of the Northwest Territories
66 Franklin Manor
INUVIK, NT X0E 0T0
Ph. (867) 678-6600
Fax (867) 678-6620
More search results
Registered Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses…
Registered Nurse - Dialysis
Government of Northwest Territories
Manager: ICU/SDU and HART
Interior Health Authority
Nurse Practitioner - 3 Permanent, Full-Time Oppor…
Nova Scotia Health Authority (NSHA)