INSTRUCTOR, PRACTICAL NURSE
INSTRUCTOR, PRACTICAL NURSE
Faculty of Health and Wellness
St. Paul Campus
April 1, 2021
Commensurate with education and experience
Will begin reviewing resumes on April 9, 2021
ABOUT THE POSITION
Portage College has an exciting opportunity for an experienced RN or LPN who has a passion for nursing and a desire to inspire our students pursuing a career as a practical nurse.
Some of the responsibilities include:
- Theory, lab and clinical instruction for the practical nurse program, including preparation and delivery of subjects.
- Curriculum development and/or revision.
- Develop exams, quizzes and other evaluation material for students.
- Manage and evaluate student progress in the program.
- Other duties as required.
Travel to other campuses and practicum sites may be required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred but will consider RN diploma or LPN diploma or certificate.
- Current CARNA or CLPNA unrestricted registration.
- CPR Heart and Stroke BLS for Healthcare provider.
- Adult teaching/tutoring experience would be considered beneficial.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Minimum two years of recent experience in acute care or continuing care.
- Familiarity with practical nurse programs and role of LPN.
- Knowledge or experience with Moodle or other Learning Management Systems would be an asset.
- Successful applicant will be required to provide a current vulnerable sector police information check.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Portage College has been serving the region for 50 years and is a first choice post-secondary institution for learners in northeast Alberta. You will find that we are a college that combines quality with innovation. In fact, Portage College is considered a leader when it comes to providing students with a flexible first-class educational experience. We offer a wide range of programs in health and wellness, business, human services, university transfer, food sciences, trades and technology, native arts and culture, and in academics for career and education.
As a member of the Faculty Association, our instructors have access to a number of benefits that include generous vacation days (42 vacation days/year plus other paid time off), participation in the College pension plan, excellent health and dental benefits, and access to a strong professional development fund that allows employees to grow and develop professionally by taking college or university courses, or attending conferences or workshops.
HOW TO APPLY
Portage College is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society.
If you have the right qualifications, experience and motivation to do extraordinary things at Portage College, we would love to hear from you. Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. If you have any questions, call us at 780-623-5747.
Please note we do not accept third-party resume and cover letter submissions.
The College appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.