Healthy Albertans. Healthy Communities. Together.
Red Earth Creek is an industrious community situated amidst Slave Lake, Peace River and Wabasca. The community has plenty to offer including natural surroundings that create a unique quality of life serving a close knit community with a population of approximately 400 residents. The community boasts a Kindergarten to Grade 12 School and child care centre. Local trails and creeks surround the area, creating convenient access to enjoy the outdoors while hiking, fishing, hunting or snowmobiling. Indoor activities are available at The Back Lakes Sports Complex where you will find a fitness room, tennis and basketball courts, a skate park and splash park with playground and the Community Outreach Centre.
Discover the vast boreal forests, enjoy unique cultures, and witness the beautiful glow of the northern lights. Pleasant summer days and midnight sunsets make living in Northern Alberta a truly unforgettable experience. If nothing feels better than making a difference in the lives of families in your own community, this is the opportunity for you.
As the Nurse Practitioner (NP), you will provide general medical care to all age groups with a wide variety of medical conditions. You will report to the Manager, Population Public Health, working as an independent and autonomous practitioner while serving clients across the life span and utilizing a population health approach.
You will utilize the nursing process, critical thinking, problem solving and decision making skills to provide care to individuals, families, groups and communities. You will contribute to quality collaborative inter-professional patient care through advanced clinical practices, leadership, consultations, referrals, education and research. You will foster an environment of empowerment engaging individual clients, families, and the community in the planning, implementation and evaluation of health services. These areas include health promotion, illness/injury prevention, illness diagnosis and treatment, rehabilitation and support. You will also provide leadership within the facility and actively participate in program development and evaluation, research and clinical teaching activities.
As our Nurse Practitioner, you are authorized and competent to perform comprehensive assessment, diagnosis (including the ordering and interpretation of tests), intervention (including the prescribing of medications), management, referral, and evaluation of client care across the continuum of health care services
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
- Completion of an approved Nurse Practitioner Program at a Master of Nursing level or equivalent.
- Active or eligible licensure with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) - in the Family/All Ages Stream.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLSHCP).
- Possession of a valid driver's license and access to a motor vehicle in good repair for work related travel is required.
- Demonstrated ability to function effectively both independently and as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to enable working directly with patients and their family members.
- Demonstrated strong decision making/problem solving abilities.
- Experience in a wide range of assessment, treatment and therapeutic interventions, health promotion, diagnostic procedures, and follow-up care in the community.
- Computer literacy skills (i.e. TELUS Wolfe, NetCare, etc).
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS). Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS).
- Completion of one or more of the following courses; Emergency Nursing Course, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, Trauma Nurse Core Course or other advanced clinical nursing skills.
- Training in CTAS scoring, ECG and laboratory interpretation and other diagnostic results.
Please visit https://careers.albertahealthservices.ca and search for requisition # ALB00003462 to apply.