Chair, School of Nursing and Emergency Services
- Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
- $121,178.00 - $129,413.00 Annually
- Job Category
- Job Type
Reporting to the Dean, the Chair has academic and administrative responsibility for the programs within the School of Health Sciences, Nursing, and Emergency Services. Leading a team of program coordinators, faculty, and staff, the incumbent is responsible for the ongoing management, planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of Cambrian’s postsecondary programs within the School. This will include academic planning, leading the development of new programs, overseeing curriculum and program renewal processes, developing faculty assignments, budget development, and continuing to build strong partnerships with both internal and external partners.
As a member of the Academic Leadership Team at Cambrian, the incumbent will also support the College’s Strategic Plan and ensure that our programs reflect the needs of our community and the diverse student body that we serve.
Students in Health Science, Nursing, and Emergency Services programs are provided with an outstanding learning experience. Students also benefit from learning opportunities through private- and public-sector placements, applied research projects, innovative industry-sponsored experiential learning opportunities, and unique hands-on learning opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSBILITIES:
- Provide academic leadership and management of the school’s day-to-day operations.
- Develop, monitor, and support budget activity for the respective program areas, as well as monitor and ensure the attainment of annual financial targets.
- Lead on-going faculty development initiatives within the School.
- Actively participate in the selection, hiring, and ongoing development of full-time and contract faculty within the School.
- Ensure all courses and programs offered within the School meet or exceed established internal and external standards for accreditation, relevance, and quality; and that they comprise a strategic mix of offerings that are relevant to the needs of students and the community at large, and are consistent with the College’s Strategic Plan.
- Collaborate with the Dean and contribute to the development of multi-year capital plans.
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Nursing/Bachelor of Nursing and a Masters in Nursing, and must be a regulated health professional. (Individuals that do not have a minimum of Masters in Nursing, will not be considered due to accreditation.) (A copy of educational documents must be submitted with application *** education completed outside of Canada, applicants are required to submit a WES or ICAS with their application)
- Minimum of five years progressive leadership experience within an academic or administrative role, combined with professional experience in a health care field. Experience at the postsecondary level is an asset.
- A demonstrated ability to develop and maintain effective and engaging relationships with students, faculty, staff, and industry representatives, with a strong commitment to fostering a collegial and collaborative work environment.
- Solid understanding and commitment to student success, teaching excellence, and quality education.
- Extensive leadership experience managing budgets, supervising staff, and a willingness to embrace and champion change.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate and work effectively with various stakeholders.
- Advanced strategic thinking knowledge and skill, negotiation, and analytical skills.
- A high degree of initiative, follow through, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum development processes would be considered an asset, as would be the ability to integrate new technologies into curriculum development and review.
- Experience with third party accreditation bodies is considered an asset.
- Competent use of technology (Microsoft Office).
- Experience in adult education at the postsecondary level or in training.
To be considered, candidates must provide the following as an attachment:
- Educational documents
- WES/ICAS Equivalence if degrees/diplomas are from a Non-Canadian University
- Regulated Health Professional Registration (i.e.: College of Nursing of Ontario, etc.)
To apply online, please click on the following link: ”,
More search results
Registered Nurse / Infirmière autorisée
REGISTERED NURSE Or REGISTERED PRACTICAL NURSE
Canadian Mental Health Association, Muskoka-Parry Sound Branch
#264-21 Registered Practical Nurse, Inpatient, Ca…
HURON PERTH HEALTHCARE ALLIANCE
Registered Practical Nurse
Registered Practical Nurse, Comprehensive Psychia…