Assistant Professor, BSN Program
The School of Health Studies, located in Chilliwack, British Columbia, invites applications from qualified individuals for one (1) 70% permanent tenure track faculty position in the medical and gerontology components in the first year of the BSN program commencing August 1, 2018.
UFV’s growing, vibrant and progressive nursing program offers a four-year Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree with a three-year fast track option. Nursing faculty teach in the classroom, laboratory and clinical settings and require the flexibility to teach in more than one level of the program. Classroom and laboratory teaching occurs on the Chilliwack campus of UFV. Hospitals, institutions and health care agencies in Chilliwack, Abbotsford and Mission provide the primary sites for student clinical experiences. Given UFV’s mandate as a teaching intensive university, the nursing faculty are committed to scholarly and research activities that contribute to an innovative and positive teaching and learning environment. Concept-based curriculum, simulation learning, inter-disciplinary initiatives, aboriginal health and international nursing are ongoing priorities for curriculum integration and development. Participation on departmental and institutional committees is an expectation as well as an expectation to commit to ongoing professional development.
The successful applicant will meet the following criteria:
- Licensure with the College of Registered Nurses of British Columbia (CRNBC).
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing and a Master’s degree in Nursing or related field (current enrolment in a Master’s Program will be considered). Preference given to candidates with doctoral preparation.
- Strong, current clinical practice foundation in medical and gerontology nursing.
- Highly developed communication, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Evidence of ongoing professional development.
- Classroom and clinical teaching experience in a nursing program.
- Nursing scholarship.
- Experience in curriculum development and community service an asset.
How to Apply
For full posting details including how to apply, please visit: https://ufv.ca/careers/job-postings/2018012.htm