1 FTE Maternity Leave Contract – April, 2021 to August, 2022
The NorWest CHCs is a great location for a new graduate seeking a supportive interprofessional care team environment!
One of a network of over 75 provincial community health centres, the NorWest Community Health Centres is a community based, non-profit organization funded by the Ministry of Health and the North West Local Health Integration Network, emphasizing access to primary health care and prevention programs and services.
We are currently seeking an RN/RPN, as part of the clinical team, to use the principles of client centred care within the context of self-directed and interdisciplinary team approach, providing clinical care, illness prevention and health promotion within a community health centre environment.
A contribution towards relocation cost is negotiable.
- Current College of Nurses of Ontario registration.
- Ability to work flexible hours including evenings.
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills.
- Strong ability to think critically and problem solve creatively
- Ability to work both independently, and collaboratively, within an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Awareness and sensitivity to socio-economic and cultural issues.
- Awareness of and sensitivity to health issues particularly within populations who face barriers to accessing care (under housed, living with mental health challenges or diagnoses, current or past substance use, complex health histories, 2SLGBTQI+, newcomers, non-insured)
- Perform clinical activities according to the College of Nurses standards for nursing practice.
- Utilizes professional assessment skills to identify physical, mental, and psychosocial needs of clients.
- Knowledge and proficiency in current evidence based practices of primary care delivery, with an emphasis on health promotion and harm reduction.
- Proficiency in electronic charting.
- Valid Ontario driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Bilingualism in French and English would be an asset.
How to Apply – Please Specify Job Title in Subject Line
This position will remain open until filled.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and three work reference contacts to:
Debbie Inman, Manager of Human Resources CHRL
NorWest Community Health Centres
525 Simpson Street
Thunder Bay, Ontario P7C 3J6
FAX: 622-7637 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
NWCHC’s is an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, accommodations due to a disability are available throughout the selection process. We would like to thank all those that apply but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.