Community Health and Safety Nursing Manager
York is a leading international teaching and research university, and a driving force for positive change. Empowered by a welcoming and diverse community with a uniquely global perspective, we are preparing our students for their long-term careers and personal success. Together, we can make things right for our communities, our planet and our future.
In this role you will provide coordination and leadership in York's COVID response from a community health and safety perspective. You will be guided by University priorities, institutional data, industry standards, research, and survey results to guide and inform your work. You will establish and lead processes to ensure case and contact management for York community members is managed is the most effective manner (i.e. students, staff and faculty) in partnership with Health, Safety and Employee Well-Being (HSEWB) and Division of Students colleagues and public health officials. Reporting to the Director, HSEWB with a line of communication to the Director & Special Advisor on Strategic Health Planning & Response, you will work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team to address all health, safety and well-being matters related to COVID-19 response and recovery.
To be considered for this opportunity, you will bring the following:
University degree in Nursing. Requirements for employment as a Public Health Nurse as per Regulation 566 of the Health Protection and Promotion Act. Registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse (RN) with the College of Nurses of Ontario is required. An equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered.
A minimum of 5 years related experience, including experience in a complex, unionized environment and dealing with a variety of stakeholders (e.g. students, employees, management). This experience must include communicable disease management.
Skills include but are not limited to:
- Proven ability to manage programs in alignment with broader divisional and University objectives, and under pressure of resources constraints and deadlines. Comfortable making decisions in ambiguous or changing circumstances.
- Superior leadership, communication (oral and written), public speaking, relationship management, analytical, research and project management skills are required. Exercises accuracy, good judgment and efficiency in all interactions, with the ability to effectively
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and an electronic claims database.
- Consult formally and informally with members of the interdisciplinary team both within the organization and with external community partners such as Toronto, Public Health. Participate in team discussions/meetings to provide input.
- Use sound judgment and leadership skills to escalate issues in an appropriate and timeline manner to mitigate risk to the individual and the organization. Be able to modify and adapt methods of communication to account for the differing needs of contacts especially in stressful and difficult situations and ensure polite, efficient and supportive communication exists at all times.
For full position details, including skills and knowledge requirements, and to apply to this exciting opportunity visit the External Career Portal (www.yorku.ca/jobs) and refer to posting 102505.
We offer comprehensive benefits and access to superb educational and recreational facilities. For more information on what York has to offer U please visit: http://hr.info.yorku.ca/benefits/
The University welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including, but not limited to women, persons with disabilities, visible minorities (racialized), Indigenous People and persons of any gender identity and sexual orientation. York University is committed to a positive, supportive and inclusive environment.
York University offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by York University regarding a job opportunity or testing, please advise if you require accommodation.
We are committed to enhancing our environmentally and socially responsible practices for the benefit of all members of the York community. Our long-term perspective recognizes our responsibility to be innovators and to continually work as a community to reduce our ecological impact.