Northcott Lodge Nursing Home is a 73 bed long term care facility located in the town of Ponoka in central Alberta. We are currently looking for Registered Nurses and Licensed Practical Nurses to work casual shifts and to oversee the clinical needs of our residents. We are also looking to fill a permanent Registered Nurse .5 FTE position on nights. Ideal candidates will have some experience in a long term care setting and be a member in good standing with CARNA or CLPNA.
Please refer to our website at www.qualicarehealthservices.com
- Assess and provide treatments and make referrals.
- Prevent or treat injury/illness.
- Teach, counsel, and advocate to enhance resident health and well-being.
- Coordinate, supervise, monitor and evaluate the provision of health care services.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team to evaluate the resident’s overall plan of care.
- Manage, administer, and allocate resources related to health services.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited nursing program with current CARNA or CLPNA registration.
- Experience in the area of nursing administration and/or long-term care is an asset.
- Ability to work both independently and as a team in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Excellent leadership, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Positive, gentle, and calm attitude.
- Attractive Health and Dental program for permanent staff.
- Travel allowance offered to staff who are required to commute a certain distance.
- Overall compensation package in line with provincial contract.
- Partial Student loan relief for RN graduates due to the position being rural.
- Above average Staff and Resident/Family survey results make it a great place to work.
- RRSP matching program.