Calling all ICU and/OR MED SURG Registered Nurses!!!
- Intellistaff Medical
- Several locations in the USA
- $30-45 US dollars
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Job Type
Our US based client are seeking both ICU and Med/Surg nurses for multiple locations in Michigan. They are seeking Canadian RN's for these roles! Ideally you have your NCLEX and are willing to temporarily relocate to the USA. This hospital system is in a very pretty/picuturesque part of the state. You will be paid well and Intellistaff Medical will take care of all the details with regards to border crossing and the visa process. We've implemented a strategy to make this seamless and easy for you! This will be an amazing experience with higher compensation then you can earn in Canada! Terms are 6 months to 3 years depending on what you want. Assistance with housing and all costs can be provided.
Uses sound clinical judgement, critical thinking and nursing process to provide direct and indirect patient care. Assesses, monitors, plans and takes appropriate action to prevent potential physiological and/or psychosocial complications while promoting an optimal level of health. Is accountable for integration of patient care of all clinical providers within their scope of practice, licensure, relevant education and experience. Maintains positive interaction with patient, significant others and members of the health care team to effectively provide quality care. Works effectively with others to achieve a perception of professionalism, superior service and teamwork. Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of nursing theory at a level normally acquired through completion of an accredited educational program in nursing.
- State of Michigan Registered Nursing License (we will help get this for you!)
- American Heart Association BLS certification within 60 days of start date and renewed every 2 years. If the RN has successfully completed ACLS that includes BLS, a separate BLS certification is not required (with the exception of Shift Coordinator in Med/Surg who must renew BLS every 2 years).
- ACLS within 6 months of start date and renewed every 2 years (for RN in AC/PACU, ICU or for RN functioning as Circulating Nurse assigned to Endoscopy or On-Call in Surgery or for Shift Coordinator in Med/Surg).
- NRP certification by completion of department orientation and fetal monitoring course within 6 months of start date (for RN in Birthing Center).
- Up to 6 months orientation necessary to gain knowledge of Hospital/department policies, procedures, equipment etc. and to attain competency in performance of duties.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to communicate effectively with healthcare team, patients and caregivers.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to assess, plan, direct and delegate patient care.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to lift and maneuver equipment; ability to position and transfer patients using assistive devices and proper body mechanics.
- Ability to utilize sensory skills for clinical and environmental assessment.
- Ability to provide care for patients in the following age groups per unit scope of service: Infant - Birth to 1 year; Child – 2 to 12 years; Adolescent – 13 to 18 years; Adult – 19 to 65 years; Geriatric – over 65 years.