We are looking for nurses who can support a Critical Care Program for one of our key clients. You will need to be able to work in a team-based model of care to prepare for the pandemic. You will provide high-quality nursing care to patients and their families, while working within the team, based on the philosophy and conceptual framework of Nursing Practice at Scarborough Health Network.
You will provide exceptional “customer service” to patients and families within an inter-professional, team environment.
- Current registration, in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Current ACLS
- Current BCLS
- Completion of Critical Care Certificate
- 1-2 years of Critical Care experience in an acute care setting
- Willingness to participate in a Team-based model of care environment
- Demonstrates excellent problem-solving, decision making and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrates excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Demonstrates initiative and the ability to function independently and be part of an inter-professional team member in fast-paced demanding environment
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrates a commitment to customer service when dealing with patients, colleagues and volunteers and other members of the community and public
- Demonstrates values consistent with SHN’s Code of Conduct and is committed to fostering a healthy and positive work environment in accordance with Health & Safety policy and legislation.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and commitment to SHN's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff safety, patient safety, and environmental safety and participates in regular in-service education in this area.
- Demonstrates excellent work performance and attendance record
Skills & Competencies
- Invasive Ventilator care and maintenance
- Cardiac pacing
- Invasive advanced physiological monitoring
- Rapid sequence intubation – perform and assist
- Targeted temperature management
- Neuromuscular blockade
- Critical care, full systems assessment
- Arterial line care and maintenance
- Cordis/PSI care and maintenance
- Cardiac monitoring and rhythm interruption
- Multiple continuous IV vasoactive infusion
- Epidural management and maintenance
- Inserting small bore nasogastric (NG) tube
- Invasive basic physiological monitoring – invasive hemodynamics
More search results
V!VA Retirement Communities
Resident Care Director / Registered Nurse Manager…
Sunrise Senior Living
Field and Infusion Registed Nurse, 15 Month Contr…
Innomar Strategies Inc.
Registered Practical Nurse