Here we grow again…
Director of Facility and Resident Care: Clinton View Lodge, PEI, Canada
Annual Salary: $115, 243.00
Are you looking for a great opportunity to live, work, and play in Atlantic Canada, one of the safest places to live in the world. Clinton View Lodge, located in the majestic hills of Clinton PEI is looking for a Registered Nurse, to join our management team as the Director of Facility and Resident Care. Owned and operated by MacLeod Group Health Services, Clinton View Lodge, a 63-bed facility is home to both Community Care and Nursing Care Residents.
Reporting to the General Manager of Resident Care, the Director of Facility and Resident Care is the on-site leader within the home and is accountable to the ensure the delivery of quality care to our Residents and overall operations within the Nursing Department. The Director must possess the ability to be adaptable and flexible in an ever-changing environment. It is essential that the Director is able to organize and prioritize work assignments using innovative thinking and sound judgment to achieve results with a strong adherence to the MGHSL model of Care.
- Senior onsite leader within the home
- Build and maintain sustainable relationships with staff, management, Residents and Families, volunteers, the community, external stakeholders and service providers
- Manage Nursing department within budget and productivity goals
- Direct and complete the preparation of periodic reports and submit within established timeframes
- Establish a system of controls and enforce checks and balances to minimize risk to Resident care and enhance efficiencies within the Nursing department.
- Assume responsibility for overseeing the direct Resident care and promote inter-disciplinary Resident care planning and education, taking into consideration individual Resident needs
- Ensure staffing meets Resident care needs in a fiscally responsible manner
- Address Nursing employee’s concerns by maintaining pro-active and responsive employee relations in order to achieve a high rate of employee satisfaction and performance
- Develop and maintain documentation as per legislation, policies and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrate leadership in support of department needs and serve as a clinical resource.
- Collaborate with employees, the medical Director and managers from each department to ensure smooth and efficient Resident care
- Ensure Nursing Staff development, orientation and training is planned and organized to promote ongoing learning and meet legislation, policy requirements and promote quality care
- Ensure Nursing performance reviews are conducted objectively and constructively as scheduled
- Promotes individual and organizational integrity by exhibiting ethical behavior to maintain high standards for the organization
Qualifications and Certifications:
- Registered Nurse, BScN is an asset
- Current registration with the CRNPEI or Willingness to obtain
- 2 years Clinical Management or similar, experience preferred
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent communication and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated flexibility and versatility in a leadership role
- Generous salary
- Comprehensive management benefits package which includes health, dental and pension
- Relocation assistance
Macleod Group is committed to an inclusive and diverse workforce. We encourage African Canadians, Indigenous, people of colour, LGTBQ, and people with disabilities to apply.
Please submit resume to:
Manager of Recruitment & Retention
For more information about this or other great opportunities within MacLeod Group please visit our
careers page located at www.macleodcares.com