Community Health Nurse (RN) - Training May Be Offered
- Vancouver Coastal Health
- Vancouver, BC
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
Come work as a Community Health Nurse at Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Community Health Nurse to join the Home Health team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Health Nurse with VCH you will:
- Care for clients with acute, chronic and palliative care needs.
- Work in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning nursing and other services for the client.
- Assess service eligibility, facilitate the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan, deliver direct care, and provide care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community settings.
- Work in consultation with other system partners and incorporate current evidence into practice.
POSSIBLE TRAINING OPPORTUNITY
Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may offer an 8-week Community Health Nurse training program. Cover letter and resume are required if applying for the Training Program.
Candidates accepting this training opportunity agree to remain with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they are hired for at least 18 months subsequent to completing training.
This will ensure that candidates are able to consolidate and apply skills in the specialty area that VCH has supported and funded candidates to complete. In the event that a candidate leaves the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they were hired for VCH in under 18 months, VCH will seek to recover the cost of the program.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, Bella Bella, Bella Coola, and the Central Coast. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- One year recent related clinical experience in a relevant clinical area working with complex clients/patients with chronic health conditions and/or functional mobility issues including recent experience in care and transition planning, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a vehicle or other accepted mode of transportation.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.