You have a passion to raise the bar in the retirement industry. You are an energetic, motivated leader who is able to inspire others to provide the highest standards of performance and customer service. You will have experience in a similar setting with skills and knowledge in the areas of health care and wellness for seniors, and managing a team of health care professionals, while contributing to the overall success of the Community. You are committed to nurturing careers, fostering learning and having fun. If creativity, innovation, service and a chance to make a difference in people’s lives are important to you, then we are eager to hear from you.
What do you get when a team of experienced industry professionals combine their passion and decide it is time to raise the bar in the retirement living industry? You get V!VA Retirement Communities. At V!VA, we aren’t about grand statements or lofty ideals. We are a group of Canadians committed to bringing the right mix of people together to inspire each other and deliver the highest standards of customer service and performance in the retirement industry. At V!VA we put people first. We are looking for just the right person who shares V!VA’s mission – Making Today Great!
As the Wellness Manager for a V!VA Community, you are responsible for all aspects of the Wellness department and the related Community resources and agencies who will work with you to ensure V!VA Retirement Communities provides the best in overall care for its Community Members. You will mentor a team of approximately 15. You will reach out to prospective Community Members, their families and local referral sources.
V!VA Leaders work collaboratively together to provide excellence in service to our Community Members by creating places where they love to live and laugh and are proud to invite their family and friends. They inspire innovation, creativity, passion and a love of service for our Team Members. They are responsible for recruitment, training, performance management and overseeing the daily activities of their teams.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Wellness department including medication distribution and administration, care package services, regular Community Member assessments and communications with families and community resources
- Role model, drive excellence and innovation in customer service throughout the Community
- Provide leadership and empowerment within the department; achieve goals and objectives; manage a team, financial and physical resources
- Actively participate in the Orange Dot Program by living the V!VA Values and acknowledging others for doing the same
- Participate in the budgeting process and manage the operation of the nursing/ wellness department within budget
- Select and develop Team Members and students; provide opportunities for growth and development; create an environment that will increase knowledge and skills among Team Members
- Actively participate in function of the management team including attending/leading meetings, problem-solving, department coverage and manager-on-duty responsibilities
- Liaise and consult with Community Members, families, company resources, professionals in relation to Community Member care needs and department activities
- Liaise with external community partners and agencies; including but not limited to public health, LHIN, hospitals and other service providers
- Interpret nursing philosophy and establish and implement goals and objectives, policies and procedures in compliance with regulatory requirements
- Lead the Infection Control and Risk Management Committee and IPAC protocol implementation throughout the Community
- Maintain all required records, reports, statistics, etc. for both Community Members and Team Members in accordance with policies and procedures
- Ensure appropriate level of care is determined prior to admission and that necessary documentation is completed
- Plan, organize, direct and supervise the activities of the Wellness / nursing department to provide quality, individualized Community Member care and services
- Attend Community Members’ councils and ensure resolution of issues relating to Nursing/Wellness services.
- Ensure RN, RPN and PSW accreditation for medication administration is up to date
- Role model and drive excellence in customer service throughout the Community
- Provide meaningful education and resources to Team Members, Community Members, families and prospects
- Minimum 5 years hands-on experience as a RN or RPN in an independent, assisted living and/or long term care home
- Minimum 5 years management experience in a similar environment (may be concurrent with industry experience)
- Graduate of a post-secondary nursing program and maintain good standing with the Ontario College of Nurses as a registered or registered practical nurse.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; comfortable interacting in a leadership role with Community Members, their families and external agencies and resources
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Strong computer skills for job-related functions including use of excel, word and various job-related software programs
- Working knowledge of the Retirement Homes Act, 2010
- Experience managing and leading infection prevention and control protocols
- Ability to educate, coach and guide Team Members to provide quality care
- Ability to work flexible hours and some weekends
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check including the vulnerable sector