- Northern Health
- Prince Rupert, BC
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
- Challenge yourself by joining a remote community and make a difference!
- Be part of a unique company culture with great employee benefits and a healthy work/life balance!
- A truly rewarding role for a Registered Nurse!
About the Organization
Northern Health delivers health care services to over 300,000 people living in the northern half of British Columbia. With more than 7,000 health care workers, our facilities include over 24 hospitals, 14 long-term care facilities, many public units and offices providing specialized services.
At Northern Health, we encourage career development while still maintaining a work and life balance. Whether through continuing education courses or in-house training and management programs, there is always room to grow. Our friendly and supportive culture is the steady force that connects us and keeps us focused on providing exceptional health services for Northern communities.
As the largest hospital in Northwest, BC, Prince Rupert Regional Hospital is an established hub of health care services for the area. If this sounds like an environment you could thrive within, then we want to hear from you.
For more information, please visit our website.
Living in Prince Rupert
Can you imagine finishing a day at work with a relaxing meditation session in the forest? Maybe you would prefer to be out on the water kayaking or fishing? If you are looking for a more peaceful life or always pictured yourself living in a local community, Prince Rupert is the perfect place to establish a new career and lifestyle.
This friendly community of 12,000, with its small-town aesthetic charm, cosmopolitan culture, municipal amenities and diverse population, is ideally situated on BC’s picturesque North Coast. Not far from the Haida Gwaii and Ketchikan, Alaska, Prince Rupert is accessible year-round by air, rail, cruise ship, ferry or by road.
Set against a visually stunning backdrop where the mountains meet the sea, Prince Rupert offers a unique and exciting wilderness experience. With enough activities and attractions to please any outdoor enthusiast, Prince Rupert also boasts superb museums and a thriving performing arts community.
About the Opportunity
Northern Health is seeking a highly motivated Patient Care Coordinator to join our team in Prince Rupert, BC, on a full-time basis.
In this role, you'll coordinate, supervise and evaluate patient care services within the department, while following the standards of professional practice and code of ethics as outlined by the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP). As you work, you will report directly to the Director of Care as well as supervise the day-to-day activities of all nursing staff assigned to the Unit.
Some of your key responsibilities within this role will include:
- Assisting the Director of Care by developing, implementing and evaluating clinical programs.
- Supporting other health care providers with consultation and patient care when necessary.
- Collaborating with other departments to optimize bed utilization, transfer, and discharge of patients within the hospital.
- Facilitating communication within the multidisciplinary team.
- Identifying patient learning needs through independent assessment and in collaboration with others.
- Attending PCU committees as requested to provide nursing representation and input.
- Identifying learning needs for the PCU staff by advising training and coordinating skill certification.
- Developing, reviewing and updating learning resources.
- Maintaining appropriate types and quantities of non-stock supplies.
- Pre-selecting nursing students in conjunction with the Director of Care.
- Conducting screening for the selection of new team members.
- Ensuring the success of the Quality Assurance program by evaluating services provided within the Unit.
- Guaranteeing the growth of the Risk Management program within the Unit.
- Helping the Director of Care with the development, implementation and revision of PCU policies, procedures and standards of care.
More About You
In order to qualify for this role, you will have a current nurse practising registration with the BC College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) combined with three years of recent related clinical and managerial experience. You’ll also join us with a certification in CPR Level A and experience in Perinatal/Obstetrical. Please note that an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered; however, you will need to be part of the British Columbia Nurses' Union.
As our ideal candidate for this role, you'll be well versed in multi-tasking, prioritizing projects in emergency situations and guiding others to ensure both the well-being of patients and team members. Your clinical knowledge and your ability to provide leadership, supervision, work direction and consultation will ensure your success in this role.
Above all, you’ll have strong verbal and written communication skills as you work to establish a supportive work environment.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive a competitive salary along with the following benefits:
- 4 weeks of vacation on joining.
- Relocation program.
- Frequent social events such as our BBQ in the summer.
- The opportunity to work with a collaborative and friendly team.
This is your chance to be part of a dynamic community where you will have the opportunity to make your mark for the better of all.
Are you ready to build a career with an organization that wants to see you succeed? Apply to join Northern Health today!
More search results
OPERATING ROOM REGISTERED NURSE
Interior Health - 338528
Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse …
Axis Family Resources Ltd.
RURAL & REMOTE ADULT MENTAL HEALTH & SUBSTANCE US…
Interior Health - 338528
Nurse Clinician / Clinical Resource RN - Post Ane…
Vancouver Coastal Health
Community Health Nurse (RN) - Training May Be Off…
Vancouver Coastal Health