- Alberta Health Services
- High Level, Alberta, Canada
- $40.34 - $54.11 per hour
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness, Nursing/Healthcare
- Job Type
As a Head Nurse, you will be responsible for the promotion of effective relationships within the interprofessional team, while both coordinating and supervising care delivery, providing clinical guidance and supporting the development of staff in a resourceful and effective manner.
As Head Nurse you will also assist in the planning, development, implementation, evaluation and maintenance of progressive and comprehensive programs, policies and procedures to ensure a high standard of care for patients (clients, residents). You will play a key role in providing safe, quality patient and family centered care while reflecting the shared vision and values of AHS.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay and excellent benefits, AHS currently offers:
• New hires accepting Regular Full-time UNA positions located north of the 57th Parallel are eligible to receive a Recruitment Initiative payment of $2,500. This payment is non-pensionable and is pro-rated for Regular Part-time employment.
• Northern Allowance (annual maximum of $6,300). This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
• Retention Payment (annual maximum of $2,500) for Regular Full-time employment. This payment is non-pensionable and is pro-rated for Regular Part-time employment.
• Permanent and temporary employees working in excess of one (1) year whose work sites are above the 57th parallel are also eligible to receive an annual reimbursement (maximum of $1,235) for one (1) round trip, departing from a location above the 57th parallel, to any destination within Alberta.
• Additional incentives such as temporary housing (up to 3 months) and relocation assistance, based on eligibility and availability.
• Opportunities for career development/growth, including an additional five days of paid leave for purposes of professional development for Regular employees employed in excess of one year, and pro-rated days for new hires based on number of months employed in a calendar year.
Completion of an accredited nursing education program. Active or eligible for registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA). Current Basic Cardiac Life Support - Health Care Provider (BCLS-HCP). Candidates must have strong leadership, and communication skills. Must have the ability to mentor and support new staff.
3-5 years recent Acute Care/Obstetrical, Emergency room experience. Preference given to candidates with ACLS, PALS, TNCC, NRP. Preference will be given to candidates with a passion for quality improvement and patient and family centred care.