Peace River Community Health Center is centered in a thriving community with lively social, arts, recreational and cultural opportunities. Located in north western Alberta, the town is situated on the beautiful Peace River and offers a stunning valley landscape, work-life balance and great education to all ages. The town and surrounding communities offer a range of clubs and associations, churches, and community service organizations. Pleasant summer days and midnight sunsets make living in Northern Alberta a truly unforgettable experience. If you welcome a different pace of life and look for the chance to use the full scope of your clinical practice, Peace River could be the place for you.
In addition to a competitive rate of pay, AHS currently has a Remote Retention Allowance in place to an annual maximum of $3,000. This allowance is non-pensionable and is payable on an hourly basis for all hours paid at the basic rate of pay.
As the Unit Manager you will be responsible for the inpatient Medical/ Surgical/Maternity Unit, MDR, Emergency Department, Operating Room and Cancer Care Clinic (5 total). You will be supported by your Site Manager, Area Director and departmental team leads. You will be responsible for providing leadership to an interdisciplinary team of healthcare professionals dedicated to providing leading care to Albertans. Your leadership, direction and organization of the units will be in support of the vision, mission and business plan of Alberta Health Services. You will be making key decisions to establish and contribute to the achievements and goals of the programs within each department.
As the Unit Manager you will be responsible for developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key stakeholders, facilitating change management, promoting team development and teamwork as well as coordinating staffing and clinical work as identified by the Site Manager within the services area. You will develop and maintain an effective framework for the operations of the patient care service in order to facilitate the delivery of efficient, effective and safe patient care.
- Active registration and practice permit with the College and Association of Registered Nurses of Alberta (CARNA) is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience and within the last three (3) in a leadership role with experience in surgery and/or acute care/O.R./Emergency.
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience within the last ten (10) years in the following units: General Surgery, General Medicine, Combined Med/Surg, Acute Care, Sub-Acute, etc.).
- Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
- A baccalaureate degree in Nursing may be preferred.