Manager, Health Care Services
- Ministry of the Solicitor General
- $74,066 - $113,573 Per Year
- Job Category
- Healthcare Services and Wellness
- Job Type
Manager, Health Care Services
The Toronto South Detention Centre, Ministry of the Solicitor General, seeks a health care professional with proven ability to lead a multidisciplinary team in the delivery of patient-centred health care.
If you would like to showcase your leadership skills, don't miss this exciting opportunity.
Leadership in the Ontario Public Service (OPS)
The Ontario Public Service (OPS) Leadership Behaviours define what it means to be a leader through the following expected behaviours and attributes:
- You are committed to the responsibilities of being a leader by demonstrating authenticity, accountability and courage.
- You are innovative by embracing positive disruption, maintaining a future mindset and leading with a common purpose.
- You are collaborative by driving people-centred outcomes, being inclusive and helping staff and colleagues grow, every day.
Visit the Leadership Talent Office https://www.yammer.com/ontario.ca/#/threads/inGroup?type=in_group&feedId=10018676736&view=unviewed on Yammer to learn more about the OPS Leadership Model and to view the application preparation guide for management competitions.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As the Manager of Health Care Services, you will:
- Plan, coordinate, direct and evaluate health care programs and services, including the pharmacy program, within a large secure facility
- Provide leadership to a multidisciplinary team of health care professionals, and ensure the delivery of efficient, quality health care services
- Support a values-based and inclusive environment through technical, administrative and operational oversight
- Provide professional expertise, consultative advice and direction to ensure services and programs are in compliance with ministry framework and professional standards
- Develop, plan and implement the delivery of health services education programs for patients and staff
- Ensure the efficient use of human, physical and financial resources to meet or exceed the quality of care expectations
- Ensure patients' safety, report, and conduct investigations of, unsafe practices, abuse or professional misconduct, and document incidents in accordance with ministry policies, the College of Nurses of Ontario standards, and applicable legislation and regulations
How do I qualify?
- You are currently registered as a Registered Nurse in good standing with the Colleges of Nurses of Ontario
Leadership and Management Skills
- You can lead a multidisciplinary health care team in the delivery of patient-centred primary and mental health care
- You can plan, co-ordinate, manage and direct the day-to-day delivery of health care services in a unionized environment
- You have proven skills to manage staff, provide leadership, coaching and direction, and foster an engaged and inclusive environment
- You have knowledge of project management principles and methodologies to meet operational program deliverables
Nursing Knowledge and Expertise
- You have knowledge of health care administration and evidence-based health care practices
- You have proven knowledge and competency in the application of the College of Nurses professional standards and practices to supervise nursing services within a correctional environment
- You can interpret and apply knowledge of relevant legislation, such as the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and the Mental Health Act
Other Essential Skills
- You have proven interpersonal, oral communication and conflict resolution skills to provide consultation, and resolve issues with stakeholders and staff
- You have strong writing skills to prepare reports
- You have excellent analytical, problem-solving and judgement skills, and are proficient with computer software applications
- You have knowledge of human resources practices, collective agreement provisions, financial and administrative policies, quality management, and continuous improvement practices
- You have knowledge of relevant legislation, such as the Regulated Health Professions Act, the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and the Mental Health Act
Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility and Anti-Racism
The OPS is an innovative, responsive and accountable public service that works hard to be diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable. Diversifying leadership is a top priority for the OPS. Our goal is to achieve parity with the Ontario labour force by 2025 for the most under-represented groups (Indigenous, racialized and persons with disabilities) on our leadership teams.
The OPS is an accessible employer and we offer accommodation in all aspects of employment, including the recruitment process. Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy and the OPS Diversity and Inclusion Blueprint https://www.ontario.ca/page/ops-inclusion-diversity-blueprint pages to learn more about the OPS commitment to advancing racial equity, diversity and inclusion.
Salary Range: $74,066 - $113,573 Per Year
- 1 Permanent - Full Time, 160 Horner Ave, Etobicoke, Toronto Region, Vulnerable Sector Check, Credit History Check, Local Police Databases Search, PIP/NICHE/RMS
- In accordance with the Ontario Public Service (OPS), Employment Screening Checks Policy (ESCP), the top candidate(s) may be required to undergo a security screening check. Refer to the above to determine the screening checks that are required for this position.
Required security screening checks along with your written consent, will be sent to the Transition and Security Office (TSO), Talent Acquisition Branch (TAB), HR Service Delivery Division (HRSDD) to evaluate the results. If applicable, the TSO, with your written consent, will request and obtain any additional employment screening checks that were not obtained directly by you.
A record under the Criminal Code and/or other federal offence record(s) does not automatically mean you will be ineligible for the position. The employment screening check(s) will only be reviewed and evaluated by the TSO for the purpose of making a security clearance decision. The details of an individual's employment screening check(s) will be considered in specific relation to the duties and responsibilities of the position being filled. Employment screening check records will be maintained by the TSO and kept strictly confidential.
- The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions.
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 159455, by Wednesday February 3, 2021. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.