The Registered Nurse is accountable for the assessment and planning of resident care needs, delivery of skilled procedures, medication administration and documentation in accordance with quality management, legislative requirements and the organization standards.
-Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the College of Nurses of Ontario.
-Minimum of two years related clinical experience (experience in rehabilitation or long-term care nursing preferred).
-Sound knowledge and background in geriatric, rehabilitation or long-term care nursing including activation, activity programs, nursing and personnel administration.
-Knowledgeable with respect to the nursing process, developments and current trends in the geriatric care field.
- Knowledge of the requirements of the Nursing Homes Act and Regulations, the appropriate sections of the Health Disciplines Act, Occupational Health and Safety Act, Pharmacy Act, Food & Drug Act and other pertinent Federal, Provincial and Municipal Statutes which influence the operation of the Care giving Center and more specifically the nursing department.
-Proficiency with WORD, email, internet use and computerized documentation.
-Effective verbal and written English communication skills required.
-responsible and in-charge of the building
-Have driving licence
-looking for someone who can work temporary full time hrs (day shift- 7 to 3 pm) for 2 month and then continue to work as a casual shift.
Job Types: Permanent full time Evening RN position with benefits
Application deadline: open
Expected start date: Dec 23rd 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $64,095.00-$78,338.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Nursing: 2 years (Preferred)
- LTC Home: 2 years (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)