RN/RPN, Substance Use Services (Surrey)
Do you want to be on the front-line in providing compassionate care and treatment for indvidiuals experiencing a mental health and/or substance use crisis? We have the opportunity for you! We can offer you a full-time position as a Registered Nurse/Registered Psychiatric Nurse in our Supervised Consumption Services (SafePoint) in Surrey, BC.
Fraser Health is one of Canada's largest and fastest growing health authorities. With over 25,000 employees, 2,500 physicians and nearly 6,500 volunteers, we serve more than 1.6 million people - over one third of the entire population in British Columbia.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
Build on your career experience by:
- Planning and providing direct nursing care to clients by performing activities such as reviewing client/family history, conducting physical/psychosocial assessments
- Processing physician or nurse practitioner orders
- Handling emergencies including drug overdose, heart attack, assaultive behaviour and seizures
- Consulting and collaborating with interdisciplinary team members and other health care professionals/providers in the identification and resolution of a variety of client/family issues
- Participating in quality improvement and risk management activities
Your background includes:
- Graduation from an approved School of Nursing
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM)
- Completion of approved addictions or substance use certificate program, and one year’s recent related experience working in an addictions environment with individuals with substance use disorders
- May require: skills and experience in facilitating psycho-educational groups
- May require: current approved Standard First Aid Certificate and current Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certificate (CPR) level C
- May require: skills and experience in facilitating psycho-educational groups.
- May require: Valid Class 5 Drivers License and access to personal vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage
This exciting role is a full-time position located at Safepoint in Surrey, BC. Surrey is one of Canada’s fastest growing cities and its land mass makes it the largest city in the province, equal to the size of Vancouver, Richmond and Burnaby combined. Known as the City of Parks, Surrey has over 6,000 acres of parkland and 15 golf courses and driving ranges. Also, despite rapid growth, Surrey has held onto the rural flavour of its past, with about 35 per cent of its land designated as agricultural and still actively farmed. A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are eminent in their respective fields. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Join our dedicated team of health care providers in this dynamic and rewarding role!
Take the next step and apply, so we can chat about you joining Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Posting Date 22-Oct-2020
Closing Date Open until filled
Employment Type Full Time
Rate $35.53 - $46.65 / hour
Hours of Work 0630-1630;1515-0115 Rotating
Program/Service Mental Health and Substance Use Services