Clinical Nurse Educator, Long Term Care & Assisted Living (ARHCC)
Looking for a job that will allow you to combine your clinical expertise and your proven leadership skills? We have the position for you! We can offer you an exciting opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Educator in our Long-Term Care & Assisted Living Program located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre.
Fraser Health is BC's largest and fastest growing health authority. Over 25,000 employees, 2,900 physicians and 8,000 volunteers provide services that range from acute care to community-based long-term care, home, mental and public health to 1.8 million people – 1/3 of British Columbia’s population.
Twelve acute care hospitals, BC’s first dedicated outpatient care and surgery centre and a wide range of services in public health, home health, mental health and long-term care facilities - all within Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Known as one of the most desirable place to live in the world, these dynamic communities along with inspiring scenery and easy access to an abundance of outdoor activities provide an amazing quality of life.
Build on your career experience by:
- Determining education priorities that meet clinical and learner needs in collaboration with the Manager/Director
- Developing and revising educational programs
- Creating supportive and interprofessional learning environments and build strong professional relationships with learners
- Planning educational activities and evaluating program effectiveness
- Participating in research, policy, quality improvement, and risk management activities
Your background includes:
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP)
- Three (3) years of recent related clinical experience in the designated clinical area, including one (1) year of education and/or leadership experience
- Completion of post graduate course work and/or certification applicable to the designated clinical area.
- Valid BC Driver’s Licence and access to personal vehicle for business-related purposes
This role is a newly created full-time position located at Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre (ARHCC) in Abbotsford, BC. ARHCC is a 272 bed, University of British Columbia affiliated hospital offering medical, surgical, obstetrics, inpatient pediatrics, renal, cardiology, tertiary palliative care, helipad, as well as 24/7 emergency services with 79,289 visits annually.
Abbotsford is a flourishing community with breath-taking scenic views. It is home to the Abbotsford International Airport, the fastest growing airport in western Canada, and the annual Abbotsford International Air Show.
A career at Fraser Health will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and exciting organization with professionals who are outstanding in their respective fields. We are proud of the innovation, dedication, teamwork and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. We offer a competitive salary package, including comprehensive health benefits coverage.
Transform your practice to new level and join a team and an organization that prides itself on building an excellent work place!
Apply today and take the next step in your career, so we can continue the conversation and make a difference in the communities we serve. Join Fraser Health where we value diversity in the work force and strives to maintain an environment of Respect, Caring & Trust.
Posting Date 29-Jun-2020
Closing Date Open until filled
Employment Type Full Time
Rate $42.25 - $51.78 / hour
Hours of Work
0830-1630 | 0800-1600 rotating
Program/Service Long Term Care