ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF CARE (Permanent Full-Time) – Extendicare Medex
Candidates are invited to apply for the Permanent full-time Assistant Director of Care (ADOC) position to work at our Extendicare Medex facility, an accredited long-term care home, located in Ottawa, Ontario.
Summary: Reporting to the Director of Care (DOC), the ADOC is accountable for assisting with the management of all aspects of nursing care within the facility to ensure quality resident care through the effective, efficient delivery of established standards within legislative and budgetary requirements.
- The ADOC will participate in the supervision of the nursing department. The ADOC will provide ongoing coaching, training, performance monitoring and corrective action as required.
- Takes the lead in the co-ordination and implementation of best practice and risk management initiatives related to resident care (i.e. falls, restraint use, wound management, Infection Control)
- Works collaboratively with the Director of Care on special projects, reviews, and other duties as may be assigned
- experience with Medication management and administration
- Experience with wound care provision and assessment an asset
- Competence with eternal feeding protocols
- Competence with oral, intravenous and subcutaneous medication administration
- Competence and experience with risk management
- Competence and experience with current best practice guidelines
- Assumes responsibility for the nursing department in the Director of Care’s absence.
- Participates in strategic planning for program development/improvement.
- Registered Nurse; BScN preferred
- Registration with College of Nurses of Ontario
- Minimum of three years experience in long term care; previous management experience an asset
- Current knowledge of clinical issues for geriatric residents, infection control, principles of adult education and quality improvement
- Demonstrated superior leadership, analytical, assessment and organizational skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word; Excel, computerized resident care and assessment programs
- Knowledge of applicable legislation, current nursing and healthcare practices; demonstrates concern and interest in providing quality care and service to residents
Interested applicants may forward their resume in confidence by November 30, 2020 to the attention of:
1865 Baseline Road
Ottawa, Ontario K2C 3K6
In Ontario, Extendicare, ParaMed Home Health Care and affiliated organizations including our partner homes in Extendicare Assist, accommodate the needs of job applicants throughout its recruitment and selection processes in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. Accommodation needs must be provided in advance. To discuss your needs, please contact the individual noted in the posting.